C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

8,103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ermghoti said:

Eastman's on Wednesday? I think I recognize the people in the bow. Busy day, a lot of shorts and sharks, a few to take home if you worked and knew what you were doing. Not too bad for August.

It was Eastman's, but it was yesterday (Friday). There were quite a few shorts, and the dogfish were crazy. Lotta the people know what they were doing, and I was not among them. However, the great thing about party boats is people are open to questions. I well be well armed next time I head out. 

17 mins ago, Captain Tuttle said:

There are fish out there.  It's not what we had in early July but it's still good. 

Yes indeed. Pogies are around, even if not showing themselves so blatantly as they were before the pogie boat invasion. Good slot fish and quite a few that still can't quite handle a whole pogie. And I never left the harbor!

Posted (edited)

Years previous, the problem with August is the resident bass from June -July getting pulled out of the rocks and heading South. 
This year?  Tremendous Pogy showing on North Shore, Boston and South Shore? It was slim pickings in the rocks. Flashes of brilliance and no stability. That's what I saw. Grateful for what I got. A full time job to stay on Bass when you go artificial. A lot of regular bass we would get year after year have been ****ing hammered. Sun baked on commercial bass boats and then iced up for the folks who are willing to put up the cash for sun baked fish. 

Edited by The Riddler

5 hours ago, curran said:

It was Eastman's, but it was yesterday (Friday). There were quite a few shorts, and the dogfish were crazy. Lotta the people know what they were doing, and I was not among them. However, the great thing about party boats is people are open to questions. I well be well armed next time I head out. 

Weird, I wonder if the same couple went back out, or if there just happened to be another two from the same demographic in the same spot.

10 hours ago, ermghoti said:

Weird, I wonder if the same couple went back out, or if there just happened to be another two from the same demographic in the same spot.

My wife and I would go on fishing vacations.  Book 5-6 trips on a 8day vacation. 

1 hour ago, PSegnatelli said:

My wife and I would go on fishing vacations.  Book 5-6 trips on a 8day vacation. 

I was thinking that was a possibility, they were local-ish as well.

Posted (edited)

First 40+" fish in the river.  It was as if the spirit of Joe K put her there. 

IMG_0838.jpg

Edited by Captain Tuttle

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Nice pic Captain Tuttle!

Here is one taken later in the day, but not by me. And not my electronics to get fried....

lightningoffstramski.jpg

I'm so glad we didn't show up early for the Beverly fireworks.  An umbrella wouldn't have been of any use at all in that deluge. 

Edited by Captain Tuttle

1 hour ago, ermghoti said:

Anybody see the boat lodged on the rocks at the end of Nahant? I assume alcohol was a factor.

Saw that on the news. Yikes !

Posted (edited)

That style of boat tells me all I need to know about the skipper.  The flag is an exclamation point. 

download-1.jpg

Edited by Captain Tuttle

3 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

That style of boat tells me all I need to know about the skipper.  The flag is an exclamation point. 

download-1.jpg

LOL.... must heard the news last night.

3 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

download-1.jpg

That's one of the reasons certain areas of Boston Harbor Islands at Night can be tough to fish at the lower tides if you don't put a lot of time in during the day to have a feel.