C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

8,175 posts in this topic

@The Riddler and I ground out a tide last night, but didn't find any bass til last 90min or so. Still very widely scattered pockets of fish. Lots of empty real estate.

All freshies with lice. Best measured out at 26, so some uptick in size. No true rats. Schoolies from ~20-26. White paddletails sm to med, run mid to high in water column got it done. 

IMG_1628(1).jpg.d2129fa0e7d5bcf2d5237b3d96abcc61.jpg

Today me an my fishing partner launched his boat at the parker river 1A ramp. Went to the back side of the refuse an fished all the way south to Sandy stopping at various spots that we caught before.Then over to cranes then to bass rock then up the rowely river abit an only had one hit all day Sad!!!.But it was good to be out on the water ,a little breezy on the way in.

Have found a pretty consistent schoolie bite over the last couple weeks. Nothing bigger than 26’. All on bucktails and Al gags. Hopefully this moon/weather will push some slots in. Ready for some open beach topwater…

4 hours ago, north-shore fisha said:

It's gone downhill.  

Ya, they sold after the tax evasion thing.  Now they sell frozen pizza.  Sad.

Is sam and joes still there on the danvers river? Im guessing its long gone. Last fished there in the 80s. 

On 5/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, rst3 said:

@The Riddler and I ground out a tide last night, but didn't find any bass til last 90min or so. Still very widely scattered pockets of fish. Lots of empty real estate.

All freshies with lice. Best measured out at 26, so some uptick in size. No true rats. Schoolies from ~20-26. White paddletails sm to med, run mid to high in water column got it done. 

IMG_1628(1).jpg.d2129fa0e7d5bcf2d5237b3d96abcc61.jpg

I haven't been out yet myself but I've been seeing posts of a surprising number of close to slot and over slot fish for this early.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Does it seem strange?

I'd like to think it's a good thing. I mean, who doesn't want bigger fish?

I do wonder what's up though and why I'm not seeing the typical smalls of mid May on the north shore. 

It could just be social media bias. Just people posting more and showing off their relatively bigger fish.

52 mins ago, bdowning said:

Is sam and joes still there on the danvers river? Im guessing its long gone. Last fished there in the 80s. 

Still there!