C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,260 posts in this topic

Fished The Parker River this morning, for a bit, before losing an engine and getting towed in.:confused: Didn't see anything or get a bite. We pulled the boat and are getting it looked at. I would feel worse if there were actually Bass gorging on Sand Eels as we got towed past, but it still seems barren though.

Went out this morning on the Essex on my buddies whaler and got nothing. Saw one kayaker out there who shared the same luck... Then while at first light later in the day someone reported a 29" caught in Salem??!! Will tomorrow's great weather bring on the fish?!

First time out today, water was above 50 degrees.  Got a bunch of humongous mackerel in the Marblehead area.  Didn't try for bass as the wind kicked up (shocker) and it got really snotty.  Bass can't be far behind, right?

Nice to hear about the giant Mack presence! This has to be a good sign.

First time out today, water was above 50 degrees.  Got a bunch of humongous mackerel in the Marblehead area.  Didn't try for bass as the wind kicked up (shocker) and it got really snotty.  Bass can't be far behind, right?

herring are everywhere in the harbor. bass are under them.

That is what i heard from one of my buddy. I havn't been over to that spot yet , might have to give it a shot this week.

Is fished a North Shore early season spot last night and came away with 1 decent bass for about an hour of effort of throwing wood.

sam

Fished Crane Beach early Saturday morning. Surf was too big on the ouside for the fly rod, fished the beach/marsh on the inside, water still seemed cold, and I didn't see anything: bass or bait

One thing to remember this time of year. The water is still pretty cold so keep your retrieve speeds nice and slow. Also the fish are pretty keyed in on herring so keep that in mind when selecting plugs.

Sam

Bait is in in Beverly/salem..A ton of it! I know it has been reported previously but it is probably worth a shot, my buddy jigged up a few squid as well. Went south last night. Bass were jumping but wouldn't take anything..

They're Here. . . .Black and Silver 17A with a black deceiver tail, outgoing just after slack.  Bait EVERYWHERE.  All fish had lice. Nothing over 24 in.  Came home to eat, going back out.