C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

7,836 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Good morning here too. Except for a tournament that brought out the worst in some people I know...

I was on a couple schools of very picky fish, but had a good time, despite having more than a dozen boats in the area. Most were well behaved. Not a lot of run and gun, putting fish down. But I definitely was not on the schools of big fish, nor did I get any telltale whiffs of a bluefish massacre in the area. Back for more tomorrow

There was a tournament yesterday? I thought there were more boats than usual. 

It looks like there is a ton of bait fish (peanut bunker) in the water. Son and I went took the boat out a the beginning of the week without high expectation and caught a couple dozen mackerel and fished the beach. Caught 10 over slot fish in 30 minutes up to 45" and a few recreation sprinkled in. We ended up with 13 over slot and 10 slot and some schoolies in 1 hour.  I Have not seen a blitz like the up here in quite some time. Maybe they will hang around a little bit longer.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, Wildcard said:

It looks like there is a ton of bait fish (peanut bunker) in the water. Son and I went took the boat out a the beginning of the week without high expectation and caught a couple dozen mackerel and fished the beach. Caught 10 over slot fish in 30 minutes up to 45" and a few recreation sprinkled in. We ended up with 13 over slot and 10 slot and some schoolies in 1 hour.  I Have not seen a blitz like the up here in quite some time. Maybe they will hang around a little bit longer.

I had good success last week as well, however, the fish have gotton smaller everyday since, just dinks this morning. Saw 2 small pods of pnuts but unusally quiet for both fish and boats.

Peanuts everywhere in close to shore. Reminded me of the old days of fall runs past, except not nearly as many bass gorging on them. Fish were picky. As was I when choosing where I was able to walk out to rocks and boulder beaches for first shore caught bass in three years (since knee replacement)

Ran into an enormous pile of birds working what seemed to be acres of peanuts Sat AM out on the kayak. They were picky but the 5/8 silver epoxy jig fooled a number of them.  Fun stuff.  Bass had the bait in tight too, right up to the beach.   At one point I was in 1.5 feet of water and catching them.  Caught a few on the swim shad too.  Bass weren’t very big but feisty buggers they were.  Had the whole frenzy to myself … no boats, was great!

2 mins ago, The Riddler said:

Got home and saw action everywhere. Had to grab the boat. Blues and Schoolies dominated. 

68C4C5B7-A68C-4F72-B9E2-A0B96DBB5354.jpeg

I saw that as well. About 100 yards too far for us land bound guys.

Edited by FFSmasher
typo

50 mins ago, FFSmasher said:

I saw that as well. About 100 yards too far for us land bound guys.

That blows. A mile south of there was the 6-8lb blues. No bass around them. Came back there around 5:30 and saw the bass were back up till sun down. Nothing over 27". With 

albie gear I will take it. Night time may be worth the effort. 

36 mins ago, The Riddler said:

That blows. A mile south of there was the 6-8lb blues. No bass around them. Came back there around 5:30 and saw the bass were back up till sun down. Nothing over 27". With 

albie gear I will take it. Night time may be worth the effort. 

That's probably exactly where I was. A harbor with a significant point. Saw that entire thing unfold. Buddy was sending me pics of the harbor you were at. We were both just out of reach of everything yesterday!

Edited by FFSmasher