C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

7,348 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, SettingHooks said:

Sometimes when I fish off the shore I'll find a legal parking spot as close as I can and I call UBER. It's perfect for Nahant.

Is it easy when you fish at 4am in the morning? 

8 hours ago, Clowsher said:

Anyone catching?

I haven’t put a ton of effort in but have been watching the fish finder pretty closely, I maybe marked one striper. I’ve been ground fishing mainly. Any day I bet someone will have pics of a bass caught on the north shore! 

First fish of the year tonight, estuary outgoing.

no hits for hours, threw al gags, pencils, bucktails. First cast on a 4in spook - 12in fish. Absolutely pumped.

lost him at my feet but I’m going to count it!

Ya, allover Seal Harbor in Winthrop also. I'm hitting Winnie a couple more times for Salmon then I'll go full time saltwater,vnot many Salmon this year lot of good size Lakers though.

20210501_221346.jpg

Edited by SettingHooks
Picture didn't arrach

10 hours ago, Z0rb0 said:

First fish of the year tonight, estuary outgoing.

no hits for hours, threw al gags, pencils, bucktails. First cast on a 4in spook - 12in fish. Absolutely pumped.

lost him at my feet but I’m going to count it!

Havent hit the north shore yet, but "down south" has been filling in nicely.

Went out this evening no results. Last night I stopped to fish in CT on way home from ny and got three between 25 and 28, very hard fighting. Bodes well, as last year was dinksville for me. Maybe I should just move to CT.

1 hour ago, Sngl2th said:

Went out this evening no results. Last night I stopped to fish in CT on way home from ny and got three between 25 and 28, very hard fighting. Bodes well, as last year was dinksville for me. Maybe I should just move to CT.

Took two days off last week hoping they'd be up here. Didn't seem like many were catching up here so I decided to drive down to CT to the mouth of the Housatonic for 24 hours to fish. Only caught 8 smalls but I was stoked to be catching bass again. Some locals had reported some 30lbers caught further up river. I've never fished CT before but I think I might make it new yearly tradition to go down for a chance at some bigger fish.

Edited by Turkeybacn