C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,778 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, VitaminDee said:

I hate it there, they are trying their very best to keep that place residents and permit holders only.

I think you're onto something. This seems deliberate to me. They now have their golden chance to keep out the "riff raff."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coronavirus has given these towns cover to do what they've always wanted to do, keep everyone that is not a resident out. They finally have political cover to do so. Maybe when the dollars stop flowing to the small businesses they'll figure it out, but I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, bdowning said:

I think you're onto something. This seems deliberate to me. They now have their golden chance to keep out the "riff raff."

I try to go there on Fridays but you have to buy passes on a monday afternoon and by the time I remember to get one, its all sold out or past the deadline to purchase and thats with some planning. :banghd:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scotch & Stripers said:

Amazed at how thick the bunker schools are this season.   At the same time it seems like the mackerel schools are really thin and hard to find.  Anybody having luck finding macks?  I did manage to find a couple off halfway rock.  Landed a 38” fish In Nahant Bay with one of them so at least the results were good. 

I was able to cast blind at night in a harbor and snag pogies last week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sngl2th said:

.. I want to rant about Crane Beach. They are making permit holders reserve tickets in advance, .... 

 

.Don't blame ya one bit.  I wasn't a happy permit holder when I received that E Mail from Barbara Erickson.

 

I don't plan to go through hoops and obtain one of their "Timed Entry Pass".  I'll just forgo going up there until it returns to normal..

 

Interesting to read some of their operating procedures......masks are still required even if practicing social distancing and each of the two parking lot wooden boardwalks will be one way only.  Boardwalk on the far right...one way to the beach.  The other boardwalk...one way to the parking lot.    :dismay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe G said:

 

.Don't blame ya one bit.  I wasn't a happy permit holder when I received that E Mail from Barbara Erickson.

 

I don't plan to go through hoops and obtain one of their "Timed Entry Pass".  I'll just forgo going up there until it returns to normal..

 

Interesting to read some of their operating procedures......masks are still required even if practicing social distancing and each of the two parking lot wooden boardwalks will be one way only.  Boardwalk on the far right...one way to the beach.  The other boardwalk...one way to the parking lot.    :dismay:

It's absolutely ridiculous.

 

Their current "open-air beach" policies are tougher than indoor restaurants or hair salons. Certainly nothing based on any scientific study of transmission risk. Maybe someone on the board has a Grade A case of germaphobia. Or perhaps the town wishes to make it an exclusive beach, with limited crowds of "outsiders"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, rst3 said:

It's absolutely ridiculous.

….

 

..…..and to add insult to injury, I then receive an E Mail from The Trustees of Reservations asking me to think of them if I happen to participate in a matching gift program.   :laugh:

 

Now that takes chutzpah..

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had what I think was my biggest fish ever today.  Hit my blurple sp minnow pretty close to shore. the fish hit it oddly and I didnt know it was hooked, but then I hear my drag just singing, keep in mind I keep it pretty tight too. Unfortunately, the fish came off my crushed barbs treble hooks - I didnt handle the few seconds I had of it hooked well enough. Really wish I could have seen the actual size of the fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a few dink last night around Newbury area. Finally got the stupid advance pass and went to a certain beach in the morning, but it was very calm water and no activity. Does anyone ever catch fish in those conditions in July during the day? I looked hard for "cruisers" in the trough. Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sngl2th said:

Got a few dink last night around Newbury area. Finally got the stupid advance pass and went to a certain beach in the morning, but it was very calm water and no activity. Does anyone ever catch fish in those conditions in July during the day? I looked hard for "cruisers" in the trough. Nothing.

The bass seem to get lazy during the warmer summer days. I have caught a few keeper size fish here and there during the day but the night, dusk and dawn seem to be the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AirBend said:

The bass seem to get lazy during the warmer summer days. I have caught a few keeper size fish here and there during the day but the night, dusk and dawn seem to be the best.

I tell ya though I used to live in Maine and I would do fine in the middle of the day in August next to a couple beaches. I have this feeling that fish behave differently in Maine and Mass, although it makes no sense. We often talked about how unproductive night fishing was up there (although I am still not a night guy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.