North Shore Report

Rate this topic

C Bass

15 mins ago, NHAngler said:

20 gallon barrel. 600 GPH pump uses a suction cup mount. In the tank it has flow-rite tube inside that feeds water from the bottom up / adds air. Direction of stream is in line with the shape of the barrel. I use a tractor sized sealed battery and lasts about 8-9 hours running continuously. 5 gallon bucket is cut and zip tied with about 3" into the garbage can lid. This helps prevent sloshing water from coming out and some ability to cover the tank. 

All my macks caught this weekend were the nice 6-8" tinkers.  

20200615_072407.jpg

Pretty neat setup. You can fit 100 macks in there?

12 hours ago, Dah seee said:

The 2020 season has definitely shaped up to be an odd year for me in terms of species. Still in search of my first slot fish even after numerous hours put in. Caught a 22" shore cod back in May on Cape Ann and today I caught 4 scup inside Gloucester Harbor. Even had a tandem hook up on a flounder rig! Never caught scup up this far. Strange for sure.

20200513_143022.jpg

20200614_094148.jpg

Scup on the north shore? Never caught them north of plymouth. Weird indeed.

Pfantum Pfishah

13 hours ago, Dah seee said:

The 2020 season has definitely shaped up to be an odd year for me in terms of species. Still in search of my first slot fish even after numerous hours put in. Caught a 22" shore cod back in May on Cape Ann and today I caught 4 scup inside Gloucester Harbor. Even had a tandem hook up on a flounder rig! Never caught scup up this far. Strange for sure.

20200513_143022.jpg

20200614_094148.jpg

I’m going to give tog a try, maybe in that spot.

1 hour ago, Dah seee said:

I have seen huge togs lurking in and around those boulders at low tide. They wouldn't bite if I put a crab to their nose. 

Damn, hope they aren’t pickie later. Most the green crabs had their eggs. So mostly Asian crabs.

3 hours ago, bob_G said:

Wow, shore cod.   Congrats. Haven't seen one since in 35 years.  We used to fill out freezers each winter on canal cod.

Best part is I did not have to reel it up from the depths with a broomstick and conventional reel. It tested all of my 7' light inshore spinning tackle. Too bad it was out of season. Would've made some nice fish taco.

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

Wow, shore cod.   Congrats. Haven't seen one since in 35 years.  We used to fill out freezers each winter on canal cod.

50 years ago cod were so plentiful off Plum Island in March you could lay a baited hook on the sand and wait for the surf to break over the bait and there would be a cod on the hook.  That is NOT a fish story