C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,870 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dah seee said:

The micros were rampant this morning all along the oceanfront of a popular island named after a fruit. Should've brought my freshwater bass rod instead of my light surf outfit. 

Nectarine Island?

5 mins ago, NHAngler said:

Squid r in. 

MA, please fix your roads. 2 more roller arms have been pancaked on my trailer tonight.

Long fin or short?

On 5/31/2020 at 10:22 PM, AirBend said:

Does anyone know if the Parker River Wildlife refuge will open this spring? 

Not likely. Plovers will be the primary reason though / like every year. 

On 5/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, emptyhook said:

Did you have a kid with you on the east side?

No I was solo except one time I had my bozo friend with me. Went twice since and got skunked both times which is weird because the first time there was more bird activity (gulls and cormorants) than I had ever seen in my cove. They were feeding on some tiny little baitfish. My friend claims he had hooked a monster but his line slipped on the spool and he couldn't set the hook. What a ******, gotta have mono backing or electrical tape under braid on ****** reels bro. Second time I saw tons of bigger schoolies, had up to 3 follow almost every cast in to my feet. Threw everything and tried everything on short time so I took another skunk. Conditions were not ideal either time. Next time it all lines up I'm getting into the keepers, I can feel it.

16 mins ago, Aposfai said:

No I was solo except one time I had my bozo friend with me. Went twice since and got skunked both times which is weird because the first time there was more bird activity (gulls and cormorants) than I had ever seen in my cove. They were feeding on some tiny little baitfish. My friend claims he had hooked a monster but his line slipped on the spool and he couldn't set the hook. What a ******, gotta have mono backing or electrical tape under braid on ****** reels bro. Second time I saw tons of bigger schoolies, had up to 3 follow almost every cast in to my feet. Threw everything and tried everything on short time so I took another skunk. Conditions were not ideal either time. Next time it all lines up I'm getting into the keepers, I can feel it.

I have no confidence at low around Gloucester. Weather been nice so I’m hoping to find my first north shore keeper soon.

Had fun this AM on the north shore in between bouts of lightning. :kook: The usual ubiquitous smalls with one small slot fish for good measure.

21 mins ago, bdowning said:

Had fun this AM on the north shore in between bouts of lightning. :kook: The usual ubiquitous smalls with one small slot fish for good measure.

Nice! Hit it last night,landed fish up to 40 inches! Nice to see large again!

On 5/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, PlumFishing said:

That’s a good looking cruiser right there. 
Not sure if you can get a rear fender, but may want to check as salty road/beach spray may go up into the grommets of the bag. 

Love it dude! Hit em hard!