C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,771 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Edited by TimS
Brian, that's not the way I'd prefer it works here - we don't spot burn - we don't care what print magazines do or other websites - we don't spot burn :-)

2 hours ago, stormy monday said:

It's also really close to a town with one of the higher covid-19 infection rates in that part of the state, so I'd be keeping my distance from anyone you may encounter there if I were you. You can get the numbers on mass.gov if you're interested.

oh no im not going to that specific spot (dunno anything about it) plus it doesn't sound to safe with what the above poster said. there's a nice clean quiet spot in groveland i like going to.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, joe0306 said:

The schoolies are here, got these today on cape ann. They really love that sp minnow

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

Edited by fishnbear

Hit a Northshore spot that I like early season. The bite has been slow but I have had a couple fresh fish every day this week.

AA70D8F3-AFEA-419A-B2FB-9E9C37A32ECA.jpeg

I hit a N shore river last night on the incoming from about 2230-0000. Landed two one being just at 28” missed a couple others. On the sinking SP. most fish hit while I just let the plug sit there so I did miss a few others as well. Clouds of tiny clear bait fish (rain fish maybe??) tons of tiny fish busting on them. 

1 hour ago, stalkinthebeaches said:

I hit a N shore river last night on the incoming from about 2230-0000. Landed two one being just at 28” missed a couple others. On the sinking SP. most fish hit while I just let the plug sit there so I did miss a few others as well. Clouds of tiny clear bait fish (rain fish maybe??) tons of tiny fish busting on them. 

Was it the blurple sp? I don’t seem to have much luck with the blurple at night.

1 hour ago, GradyDave said:

Was it the blurple sp? I don’t seem to have much luck with the blurple at night.

No I believe it’s called laser shiner or something like that. I usually prefer blurple at night on beaches but I was near a bridge and some other lights so went with the lighter color. 

10 hours ago, DJSTheFisherMan said:

Not looking for spots, just wondering if there are any mackerel on North Shore yet ?

10 hours ago, DJSTheFisherMan said:

Not looking for spots, just wondering if there are any mackerel on North Shore yet ?

Normally when I'm fishing for flounder on Cape Ann around this time of the year I would often see mackerel blitz in and around the coves. Always carry a sabiki rig in case they get close to casting range. 

I went out tonight for about 2 hours around high tide. Marked one small school of mackerel in Gloucester harbor. Water temps were 42-45, and 46-47 on the river. Cold. 

This polar vortex is really screwing things up....hopefully next week things will be a bit warmer. 

21 mins ago, tailspin said:

I went out tonight for about 2 hours around high tide. Marked one small school of mackerel in Gloucester harbor. Water temps were 42-45, and 46-47 on the river. Cold. 

This polar vortex is really screwing things up....hopefully next week things will be a bit warmer. 

global warming, you know...............