C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,797 posts in this topic

I love codfishing.  And eating cod.  Ive really only done it in very deep water offshore on Jeffries however.  To do it from my kayak in 60-70 would be awesome.  Looks like jigging a white 9” Sluggo would do the trick.    

I'm not sure how weather affects migration, unless it pushes bait south.  RST said it might have a detrimental effect.  He's a reliable source of information.  Maybe he can respond.

Could go both ways.  I've feel like storms have turned the run on, and turned the run off over the last few years.  I got out for a bit in the storm yesterday.  I managed to fish effectively for about 20 minutes before one bad cast took me into the mung and fouled my line beyond recovery.

I fished from 10am-5pm Saturday from the shore in Broad Sound. Two different spots that have been productive lately. White-water everywhere and conditions looked perfect. Not one bite. Tried every lure in my bag. Hopefully I can get into some more keeper-size fish before the seasons over. 

On 10/4/2019 at 3:28 PM, Northshore Bob said:

I love codfishing.  And eating cod.  Ive really only done it in very deep water offshore on Jeffries however.  To do it from my kayak in 60-70 would be awesome.  Looks like jigging a white 9” Sluggo would do the trick.    

I caught this beauty and a couple others on a white sluggo from my Yak last spring. Cod was closed so sent it back. 

C7DC7E6B-E900-4BEC-820C-903C6D049E69.jpeg

fished sunday and monday in Salem and beverly. At a spot where I can usually get plenty of schoolies, I struggled and only caught two bass the whole weekend. Saw minimal bait and only one very short feed both days. very tough and discouraging considering this time last year the fishing was great (for small ones at least.) 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:45 AM, evan1 said:

fished sunday and monday in Salem and beverly. At a spot where I can usually get plenty of schoolies, I struggled and only caught two bass the whole weekend. Saw minimal bait and only one very short feed both days. very tough and discouraging considering this time last year the fishing was great (for small ones at least.) 

Had the kayak out Monday morning in one of my favorite locations for fall action.  A similar experience ... virtually non-existent bite, nor did I mark much of anything at all.  Still a leftover groundswell with big seas making up along the rocks.  That long duration nor'easter really effed it up I'm afraid.  The previous few falls have been fantastic for schoolie action, often with a fish a cast on a typical 3-4 hour outing.  Not this year ....

I’ll add that on Saturday I fished a south beach and caught a single small schoolie in a couple hours. Next morning at the same beach, caught plenty and found fish eating sandeels for about an hour. Went to a north beach in the afternoon, caught one that was in the two foot range and then one that was probably right around 32”. Who knows what to expect as normal anymore it seems. 

38 mins ago, MSK1962 said:

Salem Willows Pier after last storm

Holy sheet, that's some damage. I wonder if they will have the funding to repair it again.... 

Did the water actually damage it or something hit it? Last storm was ice damage right?

Edited by foxfai