C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,360 posts in this topic

Dragged eels over sandy bottom last night for a grand total of one half hearted tap.  Rather surprising at this time of year.  I'm hoping it was a slow night and not the beginning of the end.

sam

This rip current warning is just what is needed to get on the big fish from shore. Went to my most familiar spot on Cape Ann, a cove. Broke of 2 large fish. But landed a  couple of schoolies, a 31", a 34", and a 37". I think the first one I broke off was even bigger. I was hooking up almost every cast. Only had one extra leader. Ran to the tackle shop to buy more leader by the time I got back it died down and I managed to catch the 31" at that point. Then it was completely over. Tomorrow morning I will be out before sun up with fresh braid and a ton of extra leaders. 

vlcsnap-2019-09-21-11h42m56s403.png

vlcsnap-2019-09-21-11h48m31s781.png

Had some people out, including two young gentlemen who never fished.  While I'm happy to say everyone caught fish today on hard and soft plastic as well as Joe Karolides lures, it was the same 20"-26" fish that have been around since mid-August.  The lack of macks and small numbers of pogies are probably a big part of this.  However, I saw a ton of small baitfish in the rivers and close to shore.  My hope is that the bass and bonito find these baitfish soon.  I still believe this season is 3 weeks behind schedule.  October is going to be great!

Edited by Captain Tuttle

Saturday was great. Landed a 36” from shore in Broad Sound. Tons of white water and a big rip off the beach. 

Sunday, nothing. Tried two good spots in Broad Sound for the falling tide — not one bite. 

7 hours ago, Twisted said:

Tons of...little fish around.  Pogies and macks still holding strong too.

I hope that means migrating stripers will find these food sources and devour them. 

The night bite is better, but I miss all those surface feeds we had this time last year and the year before that.  It's a ton of fun on the fly.  

7 hours ago, evan1 said:

should be 2-3 more weeks of fishing, no?

Yes, at least.  May fished like April, June like May,... and Sept like August.  October should be good.