C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,292 posts in this topic

Lots of bait out there but little activity. Seen a pod of bunkers working tight to the rocks and nothing on them while I was squid fishing. 

5 hours ago, evan1 said:

are there mackerel around? Thinking of trying to get some to liveline off the kayak around beverly harbor tomorrow early am 

They were catching them at Breaking Rocks this morning, not sure that helps you in Beverly though....

On 7/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, stormy monday said:

Now and then he'll post here. I sure miss hanging out at that shop...

Cape fish was a great shop with a very knowledgeable owner. It was in a tough location. We need another fly shop on the Northshore. I learned to tie my first clouser there at one of the tying events Matt hosted.

4 hours ago, xp800 said:

Cape fish was a great shop with a very knowledgeable owner. It was in a tough location. We need another fly shop on the Northshore. I learned to tie my first clouser there at one of the tying events Matt hosted.

Rather than deal with rent, maybe a farmer's market with flies, line and rod demos.  

When it gets cold, monthly events alternating between Notch and True North. 

18 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

Rather than deal with rent, maybe a farmer's market with flies, line and rod demos.  

When it gets cold, monthly events alternating between Notch and True North. 

I lived in Ft Lauderdale at the the beginning of internet fishing forums.  Similar to SOL The Florida Sportsman fishing forum had regional pages and there were a number of fishing clubs that grew out of these forums.  I was a member of the SAIL club which has been in existence now for about 20 years (minus a brief hiatus).  The idea of meet ups at Notch and/or True North made reminded me of this time in my life.  I was new in FL at the time and made some of the closest friends I currently have through the club.  With the loss of First Light, Fin n Feather, Cape Fish etc..there are fewer and fewer spots to hang out and talk fishing. Maybe a fishing club would be a good idea locally.

sam

Fished Plum Island/Mouth of the Merrimack , Joppa Friday slinging eels and artificial Friday night.   Couldn’t buy a bite, hardly marked any fish but tons of big green heads around.

Fished Jeffrey’s Ledge Sunday and did well on ground fishing with a mix of haddock, pollock, cod, and cusk.  Of course we caught some monster cod that had to go back but it was fun really those bruisers in .  Saw some tuna boats out there but didn’t see anyone hook up.

3 hours ago, sams said:

I lived in Ft Lauderdale at the the beginning of internet fishing forums.  Similar to SOL The Florida Sportsman fishing forum had regional pages and there were a number of fishing clubs that grew out of these forums.  I was a member of the SAIL club which has been in existence now for about 20 years (minus a brief hiatus).  The idea of meet ups at Notch and/or True North made reminded me of this time in my life.  I was new in FL at the time and made some of the closest friends I currently have through the club.  With the loss of First Light, Fin n Feather, Cape Fish etc..there are fewer and fewer spots to hang out and talk fishing. Maybe a fishing club would be a good idea locally.

sam

Whyknot fishing does meetups during the winter on the Northshore.. But I’m down for events at notch and true north.

This just came across FB, thought I'd pass it on just in case;

FOUND .....Today, a customer found a rod & reel......real nice setup...... in the water near Joppa Flats. Call US 978-465-3221

From Bridge Road Bait & Tackle (good shop btw)

Did the bait soaking beach thing with the fam on Sunday at a no shore island named after a fruit. Caught nothing as expected but did see a 40+ inch bass swimming in a 2' of water about 10 feet into the surf. Just cruising parallel to the shoreline. However, it looked like something was wrong with it and the head was pinkish red in color. Got away from a seal or shark?

13 hours ago, NHAngler said:

Did the bait soaking beach thing with the fam on Sunday at a no shore island named after a fruit. Caught nothing as expected but did see a 40+ inch bass swimming in a 2' of water about 10 feet into the surf. Just cruising parallel to the shoreline. However, it looked like something was wrong with it and the head was pinkish red in color. Got away from a seal or shark?

I too sucked at that fruit island but I was on a boat with eels at night.  Tried at Joppa also, nada.  

10 hours ago, IamFish said:

I too sucked at that fruit island but I was on a boat with eels at night.  Tried at Joppa also, nada.  

nuthin' at joppa on eels huh? things are indeed in a lull.