C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,256 posts in this topic

30 mins ago, rst3 said:

Plenty of nice fish around at night.

Eels and circle hooks got r done last night off the beaches.

20190710_062252.jpg.4d746b25fafe832d465a9ede79784d67.jpg20190710_062204.jpg.194d6e27bd18c53356dea63bffb56832.jpg

Nice fish!

Ill be on a boat Friday fishing the mouth of the Merrimack. Thinking of bringing eels, which I rarely use. Have eels been working for people there? Any other bait/lure recommendations for that spot thats been productive?

...I don’t typically boat fish, and am not super familiar with that water. Were not gonna have enough time to jig/snag live bait

On 7/10/2019 at 7:02 AM, saltyb92 said:

Nice fish!

Ill be on a boat Friday fishing the mouth of the Merrimack. Thinking of bringing eels, which I rarely use. Have eels been working for people there?

Eels at night work in the Merrimack.

On 7/1/2019 at 0:56 PM, HankScorpio said:

Bad weekend for me but no fault of the fish.  Last weekend the winch broke on my trailer, so no boat, then Friday night I was fishing from shore for about an hour, no signs of life until I started hearing fish smack bait on top a couple of hours into the outgoing.  Before I got a bite I broke my rod.  

Anyone know if there’s a NS post office that has the poster tubes? The Ipswich location doesn’t.  

If you're sending it back for warranty service it might be OK to saw cut it into shorter pieces, which makes it much easier to ship.  Worth a call to see if this is OK.

Went out today just to test my new bait bucket made out of a rubbermaid trash can and bilge pump. Managed 1 33 pounder caught deep on a live pogie. Could not find the macs and was part of my goal.

Baitwell works great though. Some tweaks to make but kept a bunch of pogies alive and did not take up too much room.

Way to go xp800.  What's your rod, reel, and line setup?   I've got two 8wt. and one 9wt.  I think I may get a 10 rather than another 9.  

I caught the one below on a live pogie but would have rather caught it on a fly.

IMG_3927-1.JPG

Edited by Captain Tuttle
Sloppy penmanship.

2 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

Way to go xp800.  What's your rod, reel, and line setup?   I've got two 8wt. and one 9wt.  I think I may get a 10 rather than another 9.  

I caught the one below on a live pogie but would have rather caught it on a fly.

IMG_3927-1.JPG

The rod is a custom Dan craft blank that Herb built. Scientific Angler’s hover 2,4  10wt line and a cheeky reel..Fly was a pollack imitation I got at Eldridge bros..

39 mins ago, xp800 said:

The rod is a custom Dan craft blank that Herb built. Scientific Angler’s hover 2,4  10wt line and a cheeky reel..Fly was a pollack imitation I got at Eldridge bros..

That's a sweet setup.  Matty sang the virtues of the SA Hover line.  After a RIO loop connection failure on a big fish, I will only buy SA or Orvis (same manufacturer).  Nice custom rod from fellow SOL member.

6 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

That's a sweet setup.  Matty sang the virtues of the SA Hover line.  After a RIO loop connection failure on a big fish, I will only buy SA or Orvis (same manufacturer).  Nice custom rod from fellow SOL member.

Matty from capefish?? He’s the reason I tried the hover lines this season. My normal go to is the Rio sink tip.

1 hour ago, xp800 said:

Matty from capefish?? He’s the reason I tried the hover lines this season. My normal go to is the Rio sink tip.

Yes, Matty from CapeFish Clothing.  He sold me on sniper line for the flats of Barnstable.  It worked great.  I now have Rio Costal QuickShooter, but I haven't done any flats fishing.   Matty has a lot of technical knowledge and OTW know-how.  

2 hours ago, Captain Tuttle said:

Yes, Matty from CapeFish Clothing.  He sold me on sniper line for the flats of Barnstable.  It worked great.  I now have Rio Costal QuickShooter, but I haven't done any flats fishing.   Matty has a lot of technical knowledge and OTW know-how.  

Now and then he'll post here. I sure miss hanging out at that shop...