C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,292 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, foxfai said:

*sign* .... no boat....

I feel ya there. It’s tough from shore all over, I think.  Can’t understand why my only keeper sized fish were in May 

Acres of pogies in multiple North Shore areas and big bass underneath them!  Every bass was 40+ inches big with the biggest being 48".  All released to swim another day.  

Bad weekend for me but no fault of the fish.  Last weekend the winch broke on my trailer, so no boat, then Friday night I was fishing from shore for about an hour, no signs of life until I started hearing fish smack bait on top a couple of hours into the outgoing.  Before I got a bite I broke my rod.  

Anyone know if there’s a NS post office that has the poster tubes? The Ipswich location doesn’t.  

34 mins ago, HankScorpio said:

Bad weekend for me but no fault of the fish.  Last weekend the winch broke on my trailer, so no boat, then Friday night I was fishing from shore for about an hour, no signs of life until I started hearing fish smack bait on top a couple of hours into the outgoing.  Before I got a bite I broke my rod.  

Anyone know if there’s a NS post office that has the poster tubes? The Ipswich location doesn’t.  

are you looking for a tube to ship a rod? 

2 hours ago, Twisted said:

Acres of pogies in multiple North Shore areas and big bass underneath them!  Every bass was 40+ inches big with the biggest being 48".  All released to swim another day.  

lol..you found them to huh? I was all alone on them the other day

17 hours ago, HankScorpio said:

Yes

I also have cardboard rod tubes from rods and barbells you can have but up in so NH. I go to the No shore area a lot though. 

If you care about what you are shipping, it is worth buying pvc pipe from the hardware store. UPS and fedex treat rod tube like they are 2x4’s coming down  from a rooftop at a demo site. 

Let me know if you want a tube. May also have pvc too.

Thank you all! I picked one up at the ups store this morning, but much appreciated.  $7.  Oh well.  

Hopefully tfo can get this thing turned around before the fish leave.  

Got out yesterday late afternoon and there are still plenty of pogies around.  Macks were a little more difficult to find but did find some bass, 30-35" range.  Didn't slay it by any means but still a beautiful day on the water.

On 7/1/2019 at 0:19 PM, Twisted said:

Went out on the 4th, snagged pogies, fished rocks and pogie schools and came up empty.  At least I had bait for my traps.  If they moved to their deep water spots, it's time to change tactics.