C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

6,290 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, bdowning said:

The next few warm days should in theory goose up the holdover fishing a bit.

The holdovers I've been tracking definitely started to perk up, beginning about a week ago. I found fish (rats to mid 30s inchers) much more willing to take a variety of baits. Here's a few from last weekend:

 

Rat on 1/2oz zoom

20190406_190724.jpg.945129bff9a6a9534af36e7c9224d8f2.jpg

 

Keeper on 6" shad

20190406_200952.jpg.a45381570d9430e844ec614c29bfe181.jpg

 

Mid 30s on 9" spool-tek

Screenshot_20190413-100701_Gallery.jpg.2b28335508455345ba01b6873c139a87.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, rst3 said:

The holdovers I've been tracking definitely started to perk up, beginning about a week ago. I found fish (rats to mid 30s inchers) much more willing to take a variety of baits. Here's a few from last weekend:

 

Rat on 1/2oz zoom

20190406_190724.jpg.945129bff9a6a9534af36e7c9224d8f2.jpg

 

Keeper on 6" shad

20190406_200952.jpg.a45381570d9430e844ec614c29bfe181.jpg

 

Mid 30s on 9" spool-tek

Screenshot_20190413-100701_Gallery.jpg.2b28335508455345ba01b6873c139a87.jpg

Where are you fishing? (don't have to tell exact locaiton, but how about a town or general area)

Edited by squammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squammer said:

Where are you fishing? (don't have to tell exact locaiton, but how about a town or general area)

 

No we want coordinates.  And where should I park?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Dude you really shouldn’t ask those type of questions, for a few good reasons. 

Oh? Please share. I’m a newbe 

 

I was thinking of getting out there soon with the fly rod up in the tidal creeks in Essex, Ipswich, Newbury...

Edited by squammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, squammer said:

Oh? Please share. I’m a newbe 

 

I was thinking of getting out there soon with the fly rod up in the tidal creeks in Essex, Ipswich, Newbury...

Wouldn't be a bad choice if you did.

 

Lots of tidal creeks harbor holdover rats and sometimes more, even before the main push of fresh schoolies hits the NS area around mother's day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 mins ago, rst3 said:

Wouldn't be a bad choice if you did.

 

Lots of tidal creeks harbor holdover rats and sometimes more, even before the main push of fresh schoolies hits the NS area around mother's day. 

 

And it beats whatever we’re up to now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, rst3 said:

 

some nice fish there rst3......that spooltech is a cool design but pricey. went to one of my holdover spots on Sat night water was 56 degrees...fish were very active and willing to hit topwater, they were busting here and there...pretty sure they were on herring, migratory fish will be here soon....good luck to everyone this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 5:11 AM, unskunk said:

Fished the Danvers River twice........

No love yet..........

Will keep you posted...........

Fished it today, felt like a decent tide with the upper stretches draining. Didn't see much and the water still felt pretty cold. Nice to have my waders in the water though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member