C Bass

North Shore Report

Rate this topic

8,175 posts in this topic

Nice fish, congrats!  This wind and colder temps are a reality check on the time of year.  I'm hoping to keep the boat in for another couple of weeks and hope the weather/wind cooperates!

Got into some decent action this morning at 8 am. Mostly 15" to 20" and 2 that were just around 28". Then it died down for about an hour. There was a lot of white water so I used white baits even though the sun was out and it was bright. The second I switched to a shiny mackerel colored plug it got slammed by an absolute cow. Measured 42", not sure of the weight but it was fat so it had to be mid 30s or even 40. Wish I had a scale now. Im pretty sure this is my personal best. Caught the whole thing on my gopro but the lens got fogged up so the footage isn't that great. 

record_striper.jpg

1 hour ago, Aposfai said:

Got into some decent action this morning at 8 am. Mostly 15" to 20" and 2 that were just around 28". Then it died down for about an hour. There was a lot of white water so I used white baits even though the sun was out and it was bright. The second I switched to a shiny mackerel colored plug it got slammed by an absolute cow. Measured 42", not sure of the weight but it was fat so it had to be mid 30s or even 40. Wish I had a scale now. Im pretty sure this is my personal best. Caught the whole thing on my gopro but the lens got fogged up so the footage isn't that great. 

record_striper.jpg

Congrats on that new PB. I had the fish on the line a couple weeks ago but was nice enough to pop the hook so you could catch it ;)

Great stuff, guys. Hoping to hit the oceanfront this weekend. I love mid-October fishing. Air is cool, water is warm and the fish are eating their last big meals before heading out. 

8 minutes ago, PlumFishing said:

Great stuff, guys. Hoping to hit the oceanfront this weekend. I love mid-October fishing. Air is cool, water is warm and the fish are eating their last big meals before heading out. 

gonna be 70s hah!

18 minutes ago, Reed422 said:

gonna be 70s hah!

Correction to my post: warm air and warm water :)

Tough decision come Monday: Rod or bow. (Probably bow). Maybe a week to get some surf and turf in the plate. 

2015's last fish and first venison:

IMG_1050.JPG

Edited by PlumFishing

6 minutes ago, PlumFishing said:

Correction to my post: warm air and warm water :)

Tough decision come Monday: Rod or bow. (Probably bow). Maybe a week to get some surf and turf in the plate. 

2016's last fish and first venison:

IMG_1050.JPG

Dammn that looks good. Last night I made my bass with lemon, salt, pepper, herbs, breadcrubs, butter and baked it. So good!

3 hours ago, Reed422 said:

Congrats on that new PB. I had the fish on the line a couple weeks ago but was nice enough to pop the hook so you could catch it ;)

I went in the water with her and made sure she was good to go, then released her. So she's still out there.

Had a great day morning on the boat this past Saturday.  Caught about 16 fish in under 90 minutes between 7:30 and 9 AM.  I was using a 247 Mully in the bone color and twitching it on the surface.  I was pitching the lures up against the sides of a couple of the rocky islands that dot Salem Sound (hopefully that is not too specific for the secret squirrel folks on here since there are about a dozen of these rock piles and I didn't say which side of the pile, LOL).  All of the fish were in the 22"-26" range.  My guess is that there may have been some larger fish under them but I was having too much fun watching the larger schoolies chase the Mully on top.  Water temp was 58 degrees, warm enough to keep the bait around.  Given the mild week we have had there is a good chance not much has changed.  I will give it another go tomorrow morning and report back on the outcome.  

1 hour ago, Scotch & Stripers said:

Had a great day morning on the boat this past Saturday.  Caught about 16 fish in under 90 minutes between 7:30 and 9 AM.  I was using a 247 Mully in the bone color and twitching it on the surface.  I was pitching the lures up against the sides of a couple of the rocky islands that dot Salem Sound (hopefully that is not too specific for the secret squirrel folks on here since there are about a dozen of these rock piles and I didn't say which side of the pile, LOL).  All of the fish were in the 22"-26" range.  My guess is that there may have been some larger fish under them but I was having too much fun watching the larger schoolies chase the Mully on top.  Water temp was 58 degrees, warm enough to keep the bait around.  Given the mild week we have had there is a good chance not much has changed.  I will give it another go tomorrow morning and report back on the outcome.  

:laugh::laugh: