i07nyc

how to dissemble your van staal, macguyver style

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

since this thread has been reawakened i should mention that i sold my vs's and got penn torques and am not looking back. besides everything else you'll read about them, they are very easily self serviceable. no- how does this come apart? and what tool do i need for this. 

depends on which reels your comparing. the torque 5 is about 4 oz lighter than a vs200. thats not by the specs. thats as weighed by alan hawk.

I07nyc, that is not a fair statement, lets compare line capacity, it seems that the vs150 holds about the line amount as the torque 5, that is 350yds/12lbs ,, the vs150 weight about 12oz where the torque is over 20oz,,,, therefore, i still have van staal, sold my zb and never pickup a penn

that's what i'm saying. if you compare it to a 150, the 150 is lighter. but compared to a 200 (which is also a fair comparison due to retrival speed and the torque spool diameter is somewhere between a 150 and 200) the 200 is heavier. so it depends on which reel. also you looked at the weight of the bailed version of the torque. the bailless weighs just under 20 oz. 

U don't have to make tools to remove pinion gear assembly, watch case opener for couple $ from auction site works great because can be adjusted for all kind VS reels, for removing roller bearings all what u need is 3/8 bras coupling from home depot for couple bucks I'll explain later with pictures

On 3/28/2017 at 10:05 PM, sharkfishing said:

U don't have to make tools to remove pinion gear assembly, watch case opener for couple $ from auction site works great because can be adjusted for all kind VS reels, for removing roller bearings all what u need is 3/8 bras coupling from home depot for couple bucks I'll explain later with pictures

Any more info on removing roller bearings?

Posted (edited) · Report post

All what u need to remove bearings from roller shaft is 1/4 or 3/8 coupling for refrigerate water to pushed shaft inside pipe and slide bearings out 

Edited by sharkfishing

On 5/12/2018 at 6:29 PM, sharkfishing said:

All what u need to remove bearings from roller shaft is 1/4 or 3/8 coupling for refrigerate water to pushed shaft inside pipe and slide bearings out 

pictures would really help to show.

All what u need to push out and in bearings from roller shaft all costs less than 5$ at every home depot or Lowe's. Not going take part my roller to show u ,clamp pushed shaft inside coupling depending of direction u pushing out or in easy and simple took me 20 seconds to find way home made mini press 

20180514_172538.jpg

20180514_172717.jpg

20180514_172819.jpg