Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Riddler

Sebile Hook Sizes

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

28 mins ago, Peterf said:

What kinda 2/0 vmc. I was looking on direct tackle and I saw a few different ones

VMC 4X 2/0 works for me. Put a swivel with an extra ring on it and attach.  No tail hook.

8E3DBA1A-FEA9-40ED-9ABD-4E59A2000CBB.png

05D6322B-6428-4027-AE0E-12242BBC0183.jpeg

There was another websight I made a forum on differant rigging options. Most I had back up resources of the differant fishing publication that wrote it. 

Last year I tryed a few differant ways but not enough time to tell you if one was better the the other. First was the sportsman mag who put a sabile on a bridge and a circle hook. Haven't tryed it but wanted to. The there was the single hooks. Playing around with them I figured you needed to go 2 hook sizes bigger then the original treble to get hooked up. 2 belly hook or 1 depending on size of sabile. Next was a split ring a swivel, another split and then the treble. I don't like this way because, it snags fish sometimes, impeads swimming action, gets caught on the line and scratched the lure up more. Finally I mostly settled on 2 split rings attached to one size larger treble hook. This prevents the one problem it had. That was, with one hook in the front the bass sometimes could back it out of his mouth if he thrashed the wrong way. It's not perfect but will work till I have more time to study other rigging options.

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

VMC 4X 2/0 works for me. Put a swivel with an extra ring on it and attach.  No tail hook.

8E3DBA1A-FEA9-40ED-9ABD-4E59A2000CBB.png

05D6322B-6428-4027-AE0E-12242BBC0183.jpeg

Are these the chemical sharpend ones

34 mins ago, Peterf said:

Are these the chemical sharpend ones

Just an example.  This coating I do not use. But some like it. You can buy em in a variety.  What ever works for you. Personal I think Chemical Sharpening and coating process is sub par.  A jigging hook I bought from VMC to make my own jog heads rusts too fast.  Not worth the dollar a piece it commands. 

I use the Permasteel 4x.  That rusts too but can last the year into next if you wash and air dry.  My opinion.

450C4C26-0771-4E0A-B55A-AA7B4FA2FBDD.png

2 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Just an example.  This coating I do not use. But some like it. You can buy em in a variety.  What ever works for you. Personal I think Chemical Sharpening and coating process is sub par.  A jigging hook I bought from VMC to make my own jog heads rusts too fast.  Not worth the dollar a piece it commands. 

I use the Permasteel 4x.  That rusts too but can last the year into next if you wash and air dry.  My opinion.

450C4C26-0771-4E0A-B55A-AA7B4FA2FBDD.pngya well im not rich but I wanna find something that will be good for a few yrs not really too worried about the price but then again don't want to spend 10bucks for 2 hooks you no what I mean