Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOTTOG

Fluke fishing 2011 edition

Rate this topic

176 posts in this topic

Got up 5am to hit the Angler today for some fluke, saw t-storms and rain so went back to sleep. My father in law wanted to go told him they wont sail today if not many people show. 25 guys show, he goes with his friend while im in my 3rd dream and lands a few keepers. He just got back to rub it in my face LOL!! :o And im supposed to be the fisherman in the family :mad:

Late report from Saturday. DkLarsen caught 2/3 rds of the keepers and we bailed shorts. Again. The kid is schooling old guys who are supposed to know how to do this.... :rolleyes:

Sunday marathon on the BMH lots of fish came up today except for me,couldnt figure it out, tried all different xmas tree combos, gulp etc, even tried meat on the BT, but , here are the 2 that counted at 6.5lbs each on maittai BT chartreuse w/ strip bait got the love, but not till 2pm, go figure. Dropped 3 that felt just as good on the first coupla drifts. Those 2 fish were the pool fish, and I did not think that those were the biggest fish, on board w/ all the other fish that were coming up, TILL, one the fellows next to me hooks a real nice fish took drag like a blue. His line breaks ! heart break felt through out. His buddy gets a nice hit , again takes drag like a blue runs under the boat, lands the fish, winds up that was the fish his buddy broke off and had his buds jig in its mouth, the guy that lands the fish actually SNAGGED it ! weighted in at 10.5 lbs and took the $930.00 pool.

I did not get in to the pool at 30.00 a head, because I do not consider myself a great fisherman or fluker for that matter, and there were folks on board much better than I, plus, now that I have joined the ranks of the unemployed, I would not have been on that trip if I was not committed to it.

It seemed that the stern had more fish than the sides again, woman in the port side corner dragging meat had a lotta love, w/ her limit by 10:30, all the guys around her BTng like mad dogs she put them to shame, good going nadia you deserve it.

Slacker if you want a more detailed report, please by all means lemme know and I will write it up, long time no talk, lets hook up for some fluke soon, Ill bring the hot dogs,MMMMM ,where is mick when you need him ??

Happy 4th everyone .500

Slacker if you want a more detailed report, please by all means lemme know and I will write it up, long time no talk, lets hook up for some fluke soon, Ill bring the hot dogs,MMMMM ,where is mick when you need him ??

Happy 4th everyone .500

Nice fluke there Snaps.

The way I've been fishing, most folks look for any excuse not to go... gotta wash the grass, gotta mow the dog, etc... but I'll be in touch and we'll get out.

Sunday marathon on the BMH lots of fish came up today except for me,couldnt figure it out, tried all different xmas tree combos, gulp etc, even tried meat on the BT, but , here are the 2 that counted at 6.5lbs each on maittai BT chartreuse w/ strip bait got the love, but not till 2pm, go figure. Dropped 3 that felt just as good on the first coupla drifts. Those 2 fish were the pool fish, and I did not think that those were the biggest fish, on board w/ all the other fish that were coming up, TILL, one the fellows next to me hooks a real nice fish took drag like a blue. His line breaks ! heart break felt through out. His buddy gets a nice hit , again takes drag like a blue runs under the boat, lands the fish, winds up that was the fish his buddy broke off and had his buds jig in its mouth, the guy that lands the fish actually SNAGGED it ! weighted in at 10.5 lbs and took the $930.00 pool.

I did not get in to the pool at 30.00 a head, because I do not consider myself a great fisherman or fluker for that matter, and there were folks on board much better than I, plus, now that I have joined the ranks of the unemployed, I would not have been on that trip if I was not committed to it.

It seemed that the stern had more fish than the sides again, woman in the port side corner dragging meat had a lotta love, w/ her limit by 10:30, all the guys around her BTng like mad dogs she put them to shame, good going nadia you deserve it.

Happy 4th everyone .

Nice report Snaps...sounds like that 10.5# fish had a death wish!

I was out Saturday on the BMH. Lots of action with the shorties and the mighty NJ rock fish. I donated lots of BTs that day.

Thats about all I'm good for this year...grillin dogs on the boat. The fluke avoid me. Maybe its the company I keep...:p Nice fish Snapper.

it sounds like i gotta give all u old guys a lesson in fluking

ROFLMFAO-RICH you are never lost for words.

Thanks guys, dave, I know I saw uncle tim ( scotty noooooooo !!!!) and bob sunday, I heard you built your own reef LOL.

Good going Tony! Glad our talk didn't help ya LMAO!

LOL, Mike , go figure, right ?? I tried everything no love, then I hang some meat on the bt and bam game on. My bud pete is home trying different stinger setups , he is now hooked on Btng fluke. Good talking to ya saturday , hope you had a great 4th. at the shore.

Late report from Friday on the Sea Bear. Finally outfished diklarsen! Had him down 6-1 when he made a strong comeback. Finished the day with 11 but nothing over 22". I lost a nice fish dancing around the bimini :-(

Fished for Fluke 7/9 afternoon the fist half of the incoming, east of Mt Sinai (North Shore LI Sound) on my party boat - 30+ shorts on spearing and squid strips - 3 keepers (26", 24.5", 20.5") and a Sea Robin on Peruvians using stinger setup with 4/0 Gami circle hooks with the rod dead-sticked and the drag set just enough to hold the 6 oz sinker.

Most of the shorts were fat 18"-20" fish.