Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
126andy

Know what Sucks???

16 posts in this topic

Today I was out in the Kayak snagging bunker with my favorite go to VanStaal Rod. I had the drag down while I was snagging in the channel. I casted and saw that the current was taking the Kayak to one side of the bouy and my bunker snag was on the other. By the time I peddled and manuvered the kayak to the same side as the bunker snag was it had dropped to the bottom. The snag must have gotten caught on the bouy chain and between the current and the drag my 1 piece VanStaal rod is now a 2 piece. Hopefully it can be made into a 2 piece rod, it broke pretty much in the middle.

BrokenRod3.jpg

BrokenRod2.jpg

BrokenRod1.jpg

VS on a yak ?? - you're a much braver man then I !!!!!

My yak gear is all stuff I consider expendable

If I dump in deep water (and there's something wrong with the tether) or wreck in the surf and bust something or just eff up (easy enough to do on a yak) I don't want to feel like andy does right now

Really sucks brother, I feel for you :(

Its not a real big deal. It bro in the ddle o I think it can be made into a 2 piece without losing too much action. Its just that it was my favorite rod. I guess that if it wasn't my favorite I wouldn't be using it and it wouldn't have gotten broken. LOL

Sorry to hear that.

I had a similar situation happen in the very strong current with a fly line. It was exhausting, and I finally had to give up and snap the line.

Its not a real big deal. It bro in the ddle o I think it can be made into a 2 piece without losing too much action. Its just that it was my favorite rod. I guess that if it wasn't my favorite I wouldn't be using it and it wouldn't have gotten broken. LOL

Better to go from use than gathering dust in the garage! Not alot you can do about it.

Better to go from use than gathering dust in the garage! Not alot you can do about it.

Yup, much better than your fat arse labrador sitting down against the butt while the rod is propped against the wall..:shock:..ask me how I know...

I don't think I was where you were guessing. This was Friday and I was the only yak or boat out there. I was there for 6hours and only had 3 or 4 boats pass me. The whole time.

Sorry just a test post to see if I can post while using Google Chrome again. Looks like my chrome lost an ajax uploader file and it wouldn't let me post or reply anymore

Oh well,when you said " yak,out back and current ripping"

I ASSumed a main thoroughfare,where the current rips alright and yahoos

are plentiful.Island beach was rough, to say the least, this weekend.