follow up on a 4 year old "brag"

Rate this topic

dogboy

i posted in here 4 years ago because i was thrilled that my youngest daughter got accepted to UPenn, the only ivy league nursing school

well, she graduated last monday- no *** laudes, but at least she made it straight through- she now holds a BSN

she interviewed at NYU hospital, where she did her final semester internship in the cardiac telemetry unit

they are not hiring, but she got on the waiting list

while she was at the interview, the HR person who was handling her application left a voice mail telling her to report to another floor at the same hospital a couple of hours later

she was offered, and accepted, a job in the neurological disease unit: MS, ALS that sort of thing

in the scheme of things, i do okay IMO- but her starting pay is more than i make now!

needless to say, i am a very proud father

anybody have some suggestions on where she could live?

NYU is in the twenties, so we were thinking of brooklyn, but somewhere on the other end of the holland tunnel is not out of the question

between federal, state, and city income tax, she might have almost as much pocket money as she did while living at home rent free and working at a sausage stand across the street from fenway pahk, which she has done while on her summer break

(the boss likes her, she is just about the only one there who is not on parole or dating somebody in jail)

If she knows anyone else starting jobs in manhatten, a roommate is the way to go.. especially in the frist couple of years. Living in manhatten is fantastic, especially if you have a friend you can live with.. she should be able to find a small 2br apt somehwere in decent neighborhood, for around $2500 which isnt too bad (for the city).. and... she will have a great time... then when she learns the area a little bit, she can look to move to brooklyn heights or the joisey side.. but living in the city for a new graduate is great.. there are tons of great places to eat and go out and sight see in and around the 20's as well.. my friend owns a bar called NO IDEA on 20th between broadway and park that has a really good casual, upscale clientele and is a good place to make friends..

good luck to her and congrats!!!

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

Congrats, fantastic news!

Everyone should live in NYC once, especially if the option presents itself. Give Homer a shout, he works in lower Manhattan and may have an inside track, or at least knowledge of some of the better ways to find roommates, due to his work locale.

[quote name="dogboy" i posted in here 4 years ago because i was thrilled that my youngest daughter got accepted to UPenn, the only ivy league nursing school

well, she graduated last monday- no *** laudes, but at least she made it straight through- she now holds a BSN

she interviewed at NYU hospital, where she did her final semester internship in the cardiac telemetry unit

while she was at the interview, the HR person who was handling her application left a voice mail telling her to report to another floor at the same hospital a couple of hours later

she was offered, and accepted, a job in the neurological disease unit: MS, ALS that sort of thing

:th: Once again, shstudy, shstudy, shstudy pays off.:th:

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

Isn't the NY City police academy on 19th? My son had a place on 24th and 3rd.

Congrats on both, the graduation and the job.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

i posted in here 4 years ago because i was thrilled that my youngest daughter got accepted to UPenn, the only ivy league nursing school

in the scheme of things, i do okay IMO- but her starting pay is more than i make now!

needless to say, i am a very proud father

anybody have some suggestions on where she could live?

NYU is in the twenties, so we were thinking of brooklyn, but somewhere on the other end of the holland tunnel is not out of the question

between federal, state, and city income tax, she might have almost as much pocket money as she did while living at home rent free and working at a sausage stand across the street from fenway pahk, which she has done while on her summer break

(the boss likes her, she is just about the only one there who is not on parole or dating somebody in jail)

I don't have an idea of where she should live but I would ask her can I move in with her(she makes more $$$) ;)

Well done, dog. There are some hard choices that will test your "little girl" in the next few years.

It sounds like she is making great choices now.

If being stupid got us into this mess, how come being stupid can't get us out?
I don't want to behave improperly, so I just won't behave at all.

Tell her to ask for three 12's maybe a F/S/S or any three together, and live at home. She goes in, works, sleeps (many hospitals have some housing associated with them, and she lives at home the rest of the time for the first year. Pocket the monies aggressively then look for a place. My oldest is starting Binghamton University, Decker School of Nursing in the Fall. He is really looking forward to it. Congrats to her. 28 years later and I still love the field of nursing!