Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishstriper

Man makes $120k in

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

two days selling t-shirts

New York - Twenty-three-year-old New Yorker Maurice Harary had dollar signs in his eyesbafter hearing the news of Osama bin Laden's demise. The opportunistic entrepreneur immediately created a website, Osamadeadtees.com, which he had up and running by 3:30 A.M. He sold over 10,000 tees at twelve bucks a pop. It may be cynical cashing in, but it's also smart. Some of the celebrating may be overzealous, but no one's going to get jumped for wearing a t-shirt that trumpets the death of a national enemy. So one can proudly express their wish that bin Laden "rest in piss." Or if that's too crude, you can just rock a basic "Obama killed Osama" tee, and rile up your Republican friends. More

View PostAnd after factoring in his costs for getting these T-shirts, printing them and delivery charges I wonder what his real profit was.

Most likely $12 plus shipping and handling so profit will be quite good.

NYU student 'to refund Bin Laden dead t-shirts' money'

From ANI

Washington, May 8: A New York University Business School student who sold Osama Bin Laden t-shirts online has now decided to refund the money because he feels making money from someone's death is evil.

When Maurice Harary heard that the Al-Qaeda leader was dead, he created a website called Osama's Dead Tees, which sold different t-shirts celebrating his death.

According to Forbes, he sold 25,000 t-shirts (with captions like "Osama's Back, Not") at 12 dollars per shirt.

Now, Harary has decided to refund the money he made from his idea.

"I will now be refunding all orders on Osama dead tees. Celebrating over the death of someone, whoever it is, is evil in my eyes," the HuffPost quoted Harary as telling to CBS.

"I feel it's not a positive way to be making money. I don't want my success to come at the expense of anyone else," he said.

He said he wants to make money the right way.

Osamadeadtees.com currently has a large red "SOLD-OUT" sign, floating above all the merchandise.