Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fcal124

J-Bay Yak Permit Question

8 posts in this topic

Ok. I go by Floyd Bennett today to get my Yak permit and on the form there's space for listing 2 kayaks. After looking at the Truck Tag, I notice that part of the tag is supposed to be attached to the Kayak.

Does this mean that if I want to take one of my kids fishing with me, I have to buy another permit?

Isn't the tag just for the vehicle?

OK 73 people looked at this and either no one knows or no one cares. I'm hoping for no one knows.

I would call Gateway and ask them, but after dealing with them for years at other sites, it would just be an exercise in futility.

Getting your Gateway kayak pass at FBF is an adventure beyond any kayaking adventure I have ever had. I understand that the people working there are not the highest paid and some are on retirement working part time and most are very helpfull......but!!

As I understand it, the pass is good for two kayaks and one car. I keep the pass on the rear view mirror and have not had a problem since the permit was required. I don't carry any paperwork with me when I am on the water for obvious reasons, and if asked, I would just get to my car and show whatever is needed.

Danny V

Keep your pass in your car, Don't sweat it. If they check just show them the kayak permit. If you have any issues pm me.

Yes there are some serious space cadets in permits at the building up front. I have nothing to do with them but I am able to help you.