Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricF

Working in Iraq...

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Okay folks....if anyone has worked a civilian contractor 'gun toter' job in Iraq, chime in.

I was recently offered a Security Supervisor position. It consists of sitting in a fence somewhere in Baghdad and supervising all the security folks on the perimeter...making sure they are up to speed on quals and such. It's $12,000.00 a month for a three month stint. It does require my skills on the Glock 19, M4, M249, M240, M203, Shotgun....which are not a problem....but does give the obvious impression of the possibility I would have to utilize my Chuck Norris skills.

Anyone been there and done that "outside" the military.

Thanks!

I have never been there but to me 36,000 for the three month seems cheap since you might end up dead. You all did your stint ofr country I would look for something a little more sedate. But that just me. Good luck in your quest. THomT

I'm just wondering....these folks came to me, I did not go to them. So, just looking for some insight. I suspect, though they did not "acknowledge" the statement...that this is simply filling holes left by departing active military with retired military 'contractors'.

How bad do you need the money?

Are you willing to die for it?

War is a young mans game......

View PostRetiring in about 58 days....well actually 01 September....but last day at work is in 58 days.

Great! beers.gif

Congrats and thanks for your many years of service. clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif