Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gray gables

Seal Team 6

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

View PostI recently read a book, "The Lone Survivor", written by a Navy SEAL, Lt Col Marcus Lattrell. He was part a mission in Afganistan that went very bad with three of his team members being killed. The book gives you a great perspective and appreciation on what it means to be a SEAL. I am comforted knowing folks like the Navy SEALS are watching our backs.

If he was a LT. Col., how could he be in the Navy, just askin' is all...?

Props to the guy who showed me this, cartopper stuff is close to my heart.

Seals land boat in back of Chinook copter while it hovers IN water.

7_eV4Y1DIao

From an old SEAL in a drunken moment that I met at school where he was getting his doctorate:

"You haven't lived until you smoked the cigars of a man you killed."

When I was on active duty I worked at the Marine Corps rifle and pistol ranges which were on either side of DEVGRU's compound. I'll never forget working the pistol range one January morning with an onshore wind of about 30 mph and below freezing temps. I was suited up in thermals, my uniform, gore-tex, gloves, black beanie, the whole nine and I was still freezing my berries off. As we're running through the course of fire my buddy taps me on the shoulder and points back towards the road. There are three SEALS running in UDT shorts and boots, and they're wet from being in the ocean. They were running along the road like it weren't no thing. Those guys are no joke.

Out of the few interactions I had with them, they were some of nicest, respectful, and just genuinely level headed people I've ever met, but you could just tell by their demeanor if it came to it, you'd be dead before you knew it started. Damn I'm glad those guys are on OUR side. clapping.gifclapping.gif

My uncle was a navy seal he could kick your ass at 65. He always entered swiming contest and would win hands down every time. I always got a kick out of that. He had a serious medal and trophey collection.

View PostProps to the guy who showed me this, cartopper stuff is close to my heart.

Seals land boat in back of Chinook copter while it hovers IN water.

7_eV4Y1DIao

that is one kick ass videoclapping.gif

My MOm worked witha navy SEal long while ago. I remember on day she was late getting home they had been at a meeting in Boston my DAd was worried. I told relax she with JIm my said sure he was Medic I told all that means is after he kicked your ass 16 different ways he could patch you up and save your life so they could threq then in the Brig. Met him once nice guy but like someone else he had the look.