Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergio

What's inside your tackle box, bag or belt?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

If I were to fish The Ditch and Outer beaches on the month of _________ (don't know yet what is the best month for the big ones), what should I put inside my tackle belt. No smelly things please!!! biggrin.gif

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Sergio

Hey Sergio, go over to the photo page and take a gander at Tim's vest stuff. Of course that is just gonna give you Tim's version but it will answer a lot of your question.

Tim I know that I said I'd send you the Texas version of "vest stuff" and I ain't forgot. I have been having fits with my 35mm and the shot I took didn't come out. I lost some priceless shots taken in Canada and at Mt. St. Helens last summer. Well I know when I'm beat. I have just got a new Pentax IQZoom 200. I want to run a few rolls of film through it and then I'll see what I can manage. For now the new camera is still a tad bit smarter than me, but I'm workin' on it...W.J.

Sergio,

If your looking to fish the "Ditch" your best bet will most likely be in the month of October.

Some things to take with you on your trip would be, Bucktails (preferably smilling bills) from 2 to 4 ounces in white, various jigs (I prefer shad head style jigs) from 1 1/2 ounce to about 3 ounces but ball jigs work fine, various plastic baits i.e. FinS fish 5 3/4" and 7" in your favorite colors, shad bodies in both 5" and 6" pearl and black, and plenty of Pork-O's and pig skin for the bucktails in white, Red, and Chartreuse, this will cover the bottom structure.

If you like to fish during the day you might want to bring some pencil poppers, this time of year will usually have some interesting surface action in the Canal but you'll usually find the larger fish under the fish breaking on the surface so jigs are my go to up there.

As for the outer beaches, not much experience in this field, I would have to guess that the old wooden swimmers, bombers and eels would be about your best bet but I'm sure you'll get some information form some of the guys that fish these area's more often. biggrin.gif

If your goin, good luck, you'll really enjoy the area.

If your going in October, being that your from Mexico and used to all that sun and tropical weather, bring warm clothes and maybe a pair of wool fingerless gloves. biggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

I have some custom made plastic shads that I am anxious to try there Dubs. They are killer lures on snook here.

I saw in a Videotape, Ron Arra getting some stripers on top water lures at The Ditch... very nice action.

Your advise regarding the cold is VERY important for me because I am definitely not used to cold weather (and probably never will) because of genetics smile.gif, but fortunately there are ways to keep warm and fish relatively comfortable. I can fish in weather so hot that can make some of my friends from the higher latitudes to faint. The cold really hits me hard, but... once I have a fish on the line or see some fish sign on the water the cold instantly dissapears!.

Thanks for the advise Dubs.

Sergio