Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Oasis compressors

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I carry the same little huff-puff compressor that plugs into your cigarette lighter that everyone does, but sometimes do wish for more.

Any user reports on the bigger Oasis units that clip onto your battery to draw 12V direct?

Brian, I bought the Quick Air 2 portable and its been great. I'd recommend it to anyone. Just make sure the cord or hose is not near the compressor cause it gets HOT! Yep its fast..

You know that all the air systems that work well cost a lot of bucks. I started with the Power Tank and it did a great job but when it runs out of CO2 you're screwed. I thought about buying the biggest unit Oasis makes but for the same money I had an air conditioner pump installed on my motor. This baby really pumps out the air. I put 70 lbs in the front and 80 lbs in the back of my rig in about 15 mins. Thats six tires. If you run in the low 30's on four tires it would be a snap.

Just my $:06

------------------

John

Ronkonkoma

LIBBA 440

MSC 791

SOL ?

Its nice,a buddy uses it all the time,mounted in the engine compt with a switch.Hes got an inline 6 with plenty of room.I only use what i have cause I have it ,Have the Tanks too but Im lazy,rather drive to demo ,if not already there,to shoot the BS.

... and that touches on another concern, getting the internal space under the hood. An American pickup probably has the space for a compressor and maybe a second battery, but a thrifty Japanese pickup, I dunno.

I got the Big Red One!

Clamps on to the battery, comes in a self contained ammo canister, with hose,chuck ect.I did a search on Yahoo under 12 volt compressors or 4x4 and there were a few options.

The only problem with the big red, if its gets to hot it will shut down. I have to go up to 70 in rear and 65 in fronnt from 20 in front and 25 in rear(really soft sand). I can go about 4 mins per tire. Gets me up to 50/55 lbs. I still have to finish the job at an air station. But I don't have to ride all the way there down that low. And when the pumps are down I am not up the creek. At IBSP they do things bass ackwards. Thats the state for ya!

The air cond. compressor installed under the hood is the way to go. I can't find anyone who knows how to do em here. Rig it up, run wires,install toggle switch in the cab, one of those fancy light up ones to let ya know when its running. I hate bergen county, so YUPPIE orientated. We need more NASCAR fans.

Hey Diamond rappericon25.gif where you from? Who did it, how much, were they any good?

I need to know man. Been wanting that hook up for years.

NEED INPUT,NEED INPUT,NEEDINPUT,NEED INPUT,NEED INPUT,NEEDINPUT,

NEED INPUT,NEED INPUT,NEEDINPUT,

NEED INPUT,NEED INPUT,NEEDINPUT,confused.gif

Eeeeels...........

[This message has been edited by Eeeeels (edited 08-07-2002).]

Here it is---------Commack Precision Auto

927 W. Jericho Tnpk.

Smithtown,NY 11787

631-864-4713

$550 W/switch and short

hose in the front.

I don't think I'm stepping on anyones toes with this. He likes to have the truck for the day when he does it. Has an adjustable bracket so yu can tighten the belt if yo have to .

------------------

John

Ronkonkoma

LIBBA 440

MSC 791

SOL ?

Eeeeels, If you go to Montauk in the Fall we could hook up and I'll show you the setup.Draw up some plans and then a local could do it for you. If I had the time I could have rigged this up myself. Tom, at Commack Precision does a real nice job.

------------------

John

Ronkonkoma

LIBBA 440

MSC 791

SOL ?