Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy77

Middletown, NJ to fire 25 crossing guards to save buddies...

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Hey all...

Just found out something disturbing from a VERY reliable source. Seems that the Middletown Police Chief is planning on letting go 25 crossing guards out of 70, to save 2 police officers, who happen to be his buddies. He is trying to keep this a secret until after September when it will be too late to fight it.

Crossing guards in town really keep our children safe to and from school, especially on some of these "mini highways" some of the older schools are located. Case in point...Port Monmouth School< which is located on Rte. 36 and Main Street. There is not even a guard to cross kids over Rte. 36!!!

This just seems to be really under handed and just wanted some word to be out!!!

crossing guards get paid $? i always thought they were just old retired gray hairs who volunteered out of the goodness of their heart.

View Postcrossing guards get paid $? i always thought they were just old retired gray hairs who volunteered out of the goodness of their heart.

They make very little that's why they need to get rid of 25 of them to keep only 2 officers jobs safe, there has to be a better way.....cwm40.gif

Cops write tickets, generate revenue.

Crossing Guards don't generate squat.

Money comes before kids, in the current fiscal climate, obviously.

View PostCops write tickets, generate revenue.

Crossing Guards don't generate squat.

Money comes before kids, in the current fiscal climate, obviously.

sad but true, until some kid is hit by a car crossing in an area that used to have a CG, then the family rightfully sues the town and they pay out millions in a lawsuit...frown.giffrown.gif

View Postsad but true, until some kid is hit by a car crossing in an area that used to have a CG, then the family rightfully sues the town and they pay out millions in a lawsuit...frown.giffrown.gif

And that is the exactly how it will play out.

Spend a dollar to save a dime.

View Post70 crossing guards? Seems like an awful lot to begin with.

If you would realize how big Middletown is and how many schools...you would think differently.

Plus...these are guards who are also stationed at bus stops!!!wink.gif

Also...at one of our bus stops, NOT MANNED WITH A CROSSING GUARD, last year one of our children in the neighborhood was run over and KILLED!!! Not that would have saved him...but you never know...

Thanks for all support and words....get the word out on this BS!!!

You have 70 ******* crossing guards in your town? eek.gifcwm13.gif

I've never even seen a crossing guard, except on TV.

How about you teach your kids to "look both ways", before they cross the street?

Always worked for me.

icon14.gif

View PostYou have 70 ******* crossing guards in your town? eek.gifcwm13.gif

I've never even seen a crossing guard, except on TV.

How about you teach your kids to "look both ways", before they cross the street?

Always worked for me.

icon14.gif

dude this is new jersey. we will fire all the crossing guards then wind up paying to bus all the kids to their school .4 miles away.