Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan Guthrie

Broken Lamiglass Ron Arra

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I only own one. It's a 1205 one piece and I'm told that model is not prone to breakage. Still like to know which models are, although I'm not looking to buy any other Arra models. The only other Lamis I won are GSBs and I'm not worried about them at all.

for that rod to break where it did, sounds like it was not securely joined, if the two sections are not set tight, this could happen. usually it is user error for any rod to break! still follow the instructions and send it back, I'm sure they will do you right.

The Arras usually break around the tip area beause of the guide layout. I have heard of them breaking in the spot you mentioned.

I dont own or ever used a Ron Arra for this reason. All my factory Lamis are surf and jetty.

View PostThe Arras usually break around the tip area beause of the guide layout. I have heard of them breaking in the spot you mentioned.

I dont own or ever used a Ron Arra for this reason. All my factory Lamis are surf and jetty.

same here.

The Ron Arra rods are not known to break 6" above the middle as in this case...I also suspect that this rod was not new since I read in another thread that you bought it for $100....If the rod was built before January 2007 then you can't even use the fast track. I think your best option is to use the Fast Track option if it was built after Jan 2007 and exchange it with the no questions asked....

View PostMy Ron Arrra 1204 snapped just below the second guide on its first schoolie hook-up.

Theres a good example of the guide layout issue. If i were to buy an Arra rod i would have it rewrapped correctly.

For what it's worth, I have 2 1203-2 rods, a 1322-2 and a 1321-2. I use these rods from the beach and love them to death.

I would be pissed if it ever broke on a cast, because I don't horse them.

Did I mention I love them.

Good luck with your situation and please report your progress.

Thanks

View Postwas just searching on GSB 1201M and came up with this thread......

http://stripersonline.com/surftalk/s...ight=GSB+1201m

Broken Ron Arra 1322 in the same spot, on bucktails! headscratch.gif

Totally a different story...The guy in your post snagged it and it broke while he tried to free it..The story of this thread that it broke 6" above the middle when he was casting 3/4oz bucktail...which I find hard to believe...especially after I read in another thread that he paid $100 for his new Ron Arra 11' rod...

View Postok so being a noobie and surf fishing last summer alittle and due to family and life my fishing schedule is limited

so i saved and bought a ron arra 1321-2 a couple of months ago

well went fishing about 4 times with it

so i'm out fishing yesterday and i make me 5th cast with a bucktail and i go it snagged, so i pull alittle nothing, walk down to my right alittle and tug tug - nothing, soo i walk to my left and tug-tug SNAP

WHAT THE $&^$!!!!!!!!!

the top half snapped in two cwm31.gifheadscratch.gifmad.gif

i stand there for about 5 minutes and didn't move headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

i have done alot of reading and talking with experianced people at shows and tackle shops and this is the rod i was recommanded to

well tonight i dropped it off at my local tackle shop and he said it could cost me up to 100.00 between service fees and shipping??? please let me know if that sounds right

i am soo confused and pissed

and any recommandation on what my next rod should be

I loved my Ron Arra 1084-2, bought in 2006. Can't even count the number of long distance casts and stripers caught in th 30-40lb range, much less the smaller fish. This morning though I got a big surprise. Hooked into a big bluefish, and just when I thought it was subdued and ready for the boga *SNAP* and it just exploded. Broke 3-4" below the tip AND just below the joint on the lower half. Lost the fish and my favorite lure (will have to make some more now). I was not high sticked, and nothing was snagged, just applied steady pressure as I have done a thousand time before. Never broek a rod before in my life, but never used one as long and hard as this one so I am not totally disappointed.

My only hope now is the warranty will help with a replacement, cause I want it back, no plan to switch..

If it wasn't high sticked maybe it took a blow that you were unaware of, or maybe not. All you have to do is decide which warranty plan to go with and thats up to you( i don't remember what dates of manufacture the rods have to be to use the fast track service, but it's on their site) At least you got a lot of service out of it and you enjoyed it, :th::th: