Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thill

Force Fishing 2003 - Big Rubba Rules!

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

"That" time of year is about halfway over. When big fish and Big Rubba rule. And I've only fished a couple of times so far.

But boy have the trips been good. Here are some sample pics of C&R fishing:

MRKTHMB.JPG

JASON2.JPG

45INCHES.JPG

47PT5IN.JPG

48INCH.JPG

The last couple of trips have been in very crowded conditions. Gotta love it when you and your partner are the only ones in the crowd slaying them two at a time. It's all in the rubba. biggrin.gif

TH

THill a couple of us were talking a while ago about you not being around for a while. Well your back in full force and I for one am glad to see your results. NICE fish.

------------------

SOL #669

Thanks for remembering me, guys. I appreciate that a lot.

The work thing has REALLY been getting in the way. Most of last year and most of this year, too. When I don't fish much, I tend to focus on other things and stay off the message boards. But of course, I'll always be back when I get time.

The great trips have made every minute of work worth it. Even lost a bona-fide 50# the other day. But it's hard to cry when you get half a dozen over 40# on the same trip. See that pic with me holding the double header? The SMALL fish is 36.5" and 21#.

Awesome stuff.

TH

[This message has been edited by thill (edited 04-05-2003).]

Good to hear and see ya again. Yeah the work stuff is a pain. If ya could only pay the bills with pictures of fish or with fish we'd be set.

------------------

SOL #669

Marcus, I swear I saw that in Page 8 of my wife's Victoria's Secret catalouge. Is that th enew Silicone Bra they've been touting? Looks like a size 28A, I prefer at least 36C.

Yeah, but yout wife probably can't move like these things do.wink.gif

A very successful way to fish these is to throw them across current, and twitch them as the current pulls them behind the boat. If no hits before it's downcurrent, lift and drop the lure slowly in the current as it swims. Bone-jarring hits.

Of course, reeling these slowly across the bottom with an occasional twitch works, too. Suddenly speeding up the retrieve and then pausing just as suddenly will often entice a follower to eat.

TH

TH