Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cdet69

Al Gag's lures

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Al Gag's Lures what can i say Well a lot of you might say no to his needles because they are not high priced. that is your lose. they are some of the best out there. i have landed many a large cow on them . a few things that are very important to me is to put two coats of hard as nails on any of his lures before they ever hit salt water. they will last so much longer. replace the hooks with cut VMC s No split rings please on any needle. his pencil poppers are killers also. Al gag's needles have been one of my favorite's along with the great hab's sr. needles and of course the B.M. Needles. B.m.s do hold up the best and are always in my surf bag along with Al Gag's Hab,s sr. they have all made me a winner on the surf. needles are one of my favorite lures.

The canal special in bunker is one of my top producers.Great plug and fair price.You can fish it right out of the package.I also use the little chrome plastic poppers with the rattles in the bay.I have a few of his other plugs but,those are the two I use the most.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words!! For the last 35 years i have tried my best to serve all of you as well as i could and i thank you for all the support!! If i can help this Forum at all it will be a pleasure! Please contact me for any fund raisers you may have or to raise money to keep our sport safe and sound!! peace to all!!!

Black Mambo 5" and 7" at night - that's just about all I use. 3.5" grabber popper chrome/green mackerel - has the best rattle out there - not the best to cast but its the best catching small popper IMHO.

I've used his Canal-stlye "Sea Special" pencils. The finishes aren't great, but they cast well, and they produce. They were a bargain a few years back at $13. Nowadays, at $20, not so much. But I have a bunch still in the package.

His Pop, Rattle & Roll popper was one of my favorites. It had a great rattle! I would stop the popping action and shake it like a pencil to bring fish up. Only drawback was it was a PIA to get the clip on the eye due to the deep popper mouth. Met Al a couple of years ago at RISSA. He is one funny guy!