Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew B.

anyone else know

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

they are gonna fish less this year than last?

Last year was bad and this year will be worse redface.gif

kids

wife

work

All more important than fishing right now.

Normally I'd be ready to go by now but I aint and I aint even worried about it.

I set the over/under at 6 trips longer than an hour. Other than an annual trip in Sept. 40.gif

crying.gif

After selling my last Bar and not running 2 Bizz for what seemed to be forever, I plan on making up for the last 15 years and will be doing all I can. Plus I murdered my wife last month, traded my kids to a guy for a boat, and my main bizz let's me escape 2-3 days a week. I'm ready, 1st trip to surf, hopefully next week and if not, 2 Sundays from now with one of my new SOL buddies.

I'll be getting out a lot more this year. Last year was pathetic with work and the side business so this year I'm got taking on any side work and vowing to fish much much more. icon14.gif I think I got out maybe 5 or 6 times last year and most of that was out of state. redface.gif

sdf

If it was that easy I would. My wife's kinda laid up right now and for the forseeable future. I can't expect her to deal with the kids. I pretty much re-arranged my work schedule to be around the house more. My only hope is getting family to help, but its kinda hard to ask people who are already giving so much to give more just so I can go fishing.

I never "know" whether I'm going to fish more this season than last, but I always set up plans to.

I always book at least one fishing trip (be it a day trip of several) per month during the general fishing season (May-November) in my Daytimer.

As the years go by I try to plan more of the several days trips than the single day trips, thus making more fishing time "planned" each year.

I usually have these marked in the calendar by the end of February, if not earlier.

I'm getting too old not to make fishing more and more of a priority. smile.gif

The family has come to expect that and for the most part work around it.

Now that my son is 9 I take him with me when I can, so that makes it easier for the wife. She then only has to look out for herself and our 13 year-old daughter.

I don't "know" if I'll be fishing more this season than last but I have it set up that way!

Later,

Russ L.

This year I am on a project where I actually have to be in the office to get paid. Bummer! Last year was another story and I got out frequently for bass, flounder, fluke and tuna while working from the cell phone when possible. My current assignment will run through May so I will miss some of the best clam fishing but will get out on weekends when I can get away.

Speaking from experience Andrew, it's a difficult situation. I have lots of kids and other things going on, heck most of us do. There have been many times over the past 10 years when I had a lot more on my plate than I would like, and all my fun activities took a back seat redface.gif .

When things were tough for me I think I appreciated the few times I did get out a heck of a lot more than before. Hopefully your family can help out when you NEED a break to clear your head and go fishing icon14.gif .

I wish you the best with your current situation, but it's my bet it will get better.....eventually redface.gif . Hang tough brother.

Alan

Hey Dubs do you find that your lack of fishing last year combined with a LOOOOOOONG winter has made this upcoming season that much more exciting for you? Sometimes when we are fatigued, both physically and mentally, by something we love, a sabbatical is needed in order to rejuvenate the fire within us..

Seems to me you are very excited about fishing this year.. Welcome back! LOL

ErikT

i have a child that just will not come out.lol due on 4-1-05 i will say less but i told my lady that my trips will be more plugging than bait so they will be shorter.i'll try those day break trips along w/ those when everyoneelse is sleeping ones.hope the baby isn't a wake up in the middle of the night child.that will really cut into the time,but she likes to go down too so we might get to throw some bait together i even picked up a ben doer 8'6" all star plugging rod for her. confused.gif should i get her some korkers?lol.someone has to get home to the kids.good luck to all.hope you all get to go as much as possible.