Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobT

Toggin Good Friday

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

On the Big Mohawk II, if I can get whiteleggers at the baitshack, how do ya rig them? Legs off/on, whole/half, etc...? Thanks

blackfish eat what blackfish wanna eat.

some days whites, some days greens, some days reds. Some days light green/orange, some days dark.

Some days its legs off, some days legs on, some days 2 legs, some days whole small crabs, some days whole medium crab, some days half medium or half large.

As I said above blackfish eat what blackfish wanna eat.

I know this is not the definitive answer you are looking for, but they just don't do the same thing every day. Find a starting point and start fishing, try a few different types/cuts of bait. If somebody is getting hits and you ain't gettin 'em, watch what they are doing with their bait and try that.

I might try to get out this weekend and drop old slobalopoulus on the deck. Too bad Friday is out of the question for me.

Tog been hitting on both clams and crabs Chris will have whites for sale on board, and at a reasonable price wink.gif Jimmy will sell them once the boat sails.

When you get there Just ask him to make sure they are available.

I may try fri weather looking the better of the weekend.

First thing you do is put ur poles on the boat...talk to Dugan and ask him if you will need white leggers. If he doesn't give you a straight answer don't bother with them, use whatever boat bait Chris has. Only buy the whites if Dugans eyes open real big and he's got a ear to ear smile on his face. Probably a 90% chance you won't need em..

Thanks, I've never tried them, a guy was using them next to me on an early December trip last year, they looked kinda small but he was definitely getting more hits. 1/2 a green crab caught me this though.

I'll be out on our annual Mary M trip...can't wait to catch some z's in the cabin. LMFAO!!!!

Sad huh? Mail comes and I look through the BabieRUs catalog before Cabelas...guess it's overbeatin.gif

T says I got her pregnant just so she couldn't go tomorrow and catch like she did last yearhooked.gif

View PostI'll be out on our annual Mary M trip...can't wait to catch some z's in the cabin. LMFAO!!!!

Sad huh? Mail comes and I look through the BabieRUs catalog before Cabelas...guess it's overbeatin.gif

T says I got her pregnant just so she couldn't go tomorrow and catch like she did last yearhooked.gif

It's not over, it is just the beginning. You will have a chance to pass on your love of fishing to your kid (kids), you might not think so right now but you will when you are fishing side by side and they hook up. I got to take my Grandson on a real half day partyboat out of Cape May last summer, his first real trip, I was letting him use both his rod (calcutta 250 on a trevala) or mine. He didn't catch skates and sandsharks, he caught STINGRAYS + SHARKS. He caught a keeper fluke on fathers day on the Duke of Fluke and got his name in the paper. Hang in there, it won't be long till the whole boat is wondering which member of the Gottog family is going to win the pool.

View PostI'll be out on our annual Mary M trip...can't wait to catch some z's in the cabin. LMFAO!!!!

Mike loosing a little sleep huh ? soon T will be adding cereal to the formula and he will be sleeping through the nite. Good luck tomorrow, I'll be on the BMH .

View PostTog been hitting on both clams and crabs Chris will have whites for sale on board, and at a reasonable price wink.gif Jimmy will sell them once the boat sails.

When you get there Just ask him to make sure they are available.

I may try fri weather looking the better of the weekend.

View Postblackfish eat what blackfish wanna eat.

some days whites, some days greens, some days reds. Some days light green/orange, some days dark.

Some days its legs off, some days legs on, some days 2 legs, some days whole small crabs, some days whole medium crab, some days half medium or half large.

As I said above blackfish eat what blackfish wanna eat.

I know this is not the definitive answer you are looking for, but they just don't do the same thing every day. Find a starting point and start fishing, try a few different types/cuts of bait. If somebody is getting hits and you ain't gettin 'em, watch what they are doing with their bait and try that.

I might try to get out this weekend and drop old slobalopoulus on the deck. Too bad Friday is out of the question for me.

"If somebody is getting hits and you ain't gettin 'em, watch what they are doing with their bait and try that. " AND do not do like Russ and RAPE the guy to get on his productive piece....... LMAO......

View Post"If somebody is getting hits and you ain't gettin 'em, watch what they are doing with their bait and try that. " AND do not do like Russ and RAPE the guy to get on his productive piece....... LMAO......

ROFLMFAO biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif