Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby

We have Sheepshead Bay, but no Sheepshead!

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I remember about 3 or 4 year ago The Fisherman magazine ran a story on how global warming was going to change the fisheries the way we know them. The story went on to say the whole thing is cyclical and how long ago there were Sheepshead in Sheepshead Bay and how they will soon reapear. Not sure how that's going to work out.

Ah,when i was young in the 60's we'd sneak behind Kingsboro college and fish for sheepshead all day,there were plenty.Lots of fun till we got kicked out,just to sneak right bACK IN,those were the days,plenty of everything.

Patclapping.gif

On 4/17/2011 at 3:34 PM, Striper32 said:

Ah,when i was young in the 60's we'd sneak behind Kingsboro college and fish for sheepshead all day,there were plenty.Lots of fun till we got kicked out,just to sneak right bACK IN,those were the days,plenty of everything.

Patclapping.gif

Wondering if we ever met.  I used to fish those old Government Piers.  We snuck thru a fence on the bay and into the college, then crawled all the way to the piers, ducking down when the guards shone their spotlights around.  We fished at night and caught nice stripers.  I also caught a 5lb blackfish and a nice fluke there, and tons of eels.  Amazing times.....

The Sheepshead left with a the turtles! I fish 2 different Turtle Coves, never saw a single turtle.