Anyone use Orvis Clearwater Breathables?

Rate this topic

westhavendave

Dave,

I have been using the Clearwater waders for three years, and have had no problems. However, I have not used them in the surf, I have used them only while trout fishing in freshwater. They have been used hard (walking through the woods, and falling on rocks), and I think that they will hold up in the surf. I think that they are a great product for the $.

Just took my breathable bootfoots for their first post Christmas fishing trip...all I can say is HOW DID I EVER LIVE WITHOUT THESE BABIES BEFORE!

You'll feel like a new man...they are REALLY light. Long johns & sweatpants & 2 pr of socks & I was toasty smile.gif On or off in seconds & packs into a little stuff sack 2 Thumbs up!

------------------

Gilseagull.gif

Gil

I purchased a pair this past july. I did have to return two pairs because of leaks. The return policy is good and they honor thier products 100%. overall I think they are good light-weight waders at a reasonable price. They are very comfortable to wear and found them to be a relief in the summer.

I've had a pair of Clearwater bootfoots for a little over a year and love them. Very lightweight and cool in the summer, but warm enough for spring and fall.

Have used them maybe 20-30 times in the surf and love them. No leaks so far. smile.gif

My only complaint- they don't have belt loops and I've mananged to lose 2 belts.

I guess I really can't blame that on Orvis, can I?

btw- In the belt department Patagonia makes a nice stretchy (and adjustable) belt with a positive clasp that is better than the one that Orvis sells with the waders.

Hope this helps- WC