Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STEVENS

Details on Busted in RB

Rate this topic

191 posts in this topic

View PostThe details went like this myself and my buddy were fishing rb on Sunday evening as we watched 4 non americans catch at least 4 very non legal bass and toss them in a pile on the beach.We thought enough is enough so we called the fish and game officer to come and check them out.It took them over an hour to make the trip from where they were, but it was well worth it as these guys who have no regard for limit or size got busted and fined big time.

As I said there will be no sashimi this week!!!!!!!!!!!

Stevenshighfive.gif

You're a hero.

View PostThis is true but shouldn't you as a person and human being should advise them what the law instead of calling the cops and if they don't listen then call the cops?...This is how I was raised...

depends on the situation. i fish by myself most of the time. 4 guys and just me on the beach at night? im making a phone call and not saying anything. no fish is worth getting a beatdown or worse. daytime or others around id tell them its a 28" minimum, throw em back.

View Postdepends on the situation. i fish by myself most of the time. 4 guys and just me on the beach at night? im making a phone call and not saying anything. no fish is worth getting a beatdown or worse. daytime or others around id tell them its a 28" minimum, throw em back.

icon14.gif..

View PostThis is true but shouldn't you as a person and human being should advise them what the law instead of calling the cops and if they don't listen then call the cops?...This is how I was raised...

Why bother, it's not worth the aggrivation or a possible beatdown or slashed tires. Also, my experience is that people don't appreciate being called out whether they know they are in the wrong or not. I have tried the friendly approach such as "Hey,I saw the game warden around earlier and that fish looks a little short, you might want to throw it back." And the typical response is f-you buddy.

There is a very good spot that I fish that to do it legally, requires one to park in a legal spot and make a very long legal walk to gain legal access, OR you can cut across private property and get to the spot quickly. I was there once during broad daylight during the early season and as I was heading out there were two other anglers who proceeded to trespass in BROAD FREAKING DAYLIGHT. Okay, I will admit that I have taken the shortcut a few times like stealthily at 4AM, but to do it in broad daylight? So I called over to these guys and told them they were crossing private property (just in case they missed the handful of posted signs). They laughed at me and one of them yelled back "Enjoy the long walk buddy." Moral of the story: people are a-holes and it's not worth taking the law into your own hands over trivial matters. If you care that much about it, call the authorities. Our tax dollars pay their salaries to handle such things.

View PostWhy bother, it's not worth the aggrivation or a possible beatdown or slashed tires. Also, my experience is that people don't appreciate being called out whether they know they are in the wrong or not. I have tried the friendly approach such as "Hey,I saw the game warden around earlier and that fish looks a little short, you might want to throw it back." And the typical response is f-you buddy.

There is a very good spot that I fish that to do it legally, requires one to park in a legal spot and make a very long legal walk to gain legal access, OR you can cut across private property and get to the spot quickly. I was there once during broad daylight during the early season and as I was heading out there were two other anglers who proceeded to trespass in BROAD FREAKING DAYLIGHT. Okay, I will admit that I have taken the shortcut a few times like stealthily at 4AM, but to do it in broad daylight? So I called over to these guys and told them they were crossing private property (just in case they missed the handful of posted signs). They laughed at me and one of them yelled back "Enjoy the long walk buddy." Moral of the story: people are *****s and it's not worth taking the law into your own hands over trivial matters. If you care that much about it, call the authorities. Our tax dollars pay their salaries to handle such things.

How many times did you see oriental guys laying small fish exposed on the beach so everyone can see they are breaking the law?

When they are knowingly breaking the law they shove the fish in a bag or they cover it with sand..These are the situations which you want to avoid conflicts..By the story as told by STEVEN, I see a group of naive oriental guys not knowing what the law is...If the story change that will be a different story...As I said from my experience in a previous post, I saw a guy with 18" fish showing me proudly the fish he caught.....What do you think I should do, call the cops? What would you do?

This is how I see it. If they don't know the legal size of the fish, then tell them the correct size the fish has to be. If they don't listen, then take action.

I said something along this lines before and I mentioned the persons nationality, people jumped all over me on here for even mentioning it kooky.gif. Its kind of hard telling a story and giving the reader the full understanding without details. He didnt mean anything by it, but in fact, Im more aware of foreigners just for the fact that I have seen 3 to 1 that they have been the one keeping shorts. Call me racist, i dont care, but I see them do it more than others. Thats not a stereotype, and I know not all of them do it, and that American English folks do it too, a lot, but thats just how I am.

View PostI said something along this lines before and I mentioned the persons nationality, people jumped all over me on here for even mentioning it kooky.gif. Its kind of hard telling a story and giving the reader the full understanding without details. He didnt mean anything by it, but in fact, Im more aware of foreigners just for the fact that I have seen 3 to 1 that they have been the one keeping shorts. Call me racist, i dont care, but I see them do it more than others. Thats not a stereotype, and I know not all of them do it, and that American English folks do it too, a lot, but thats just how I am.

What is the real story in here...Is it a stroy about a group of guys that broke the law by keeping small fish and another guy calling the cops or the topic is a group of Chinese breaking the law?

By the way Sashimi is Japanese not Chinese...White American eat more Sashimi than the Chinese...but that a different story...

View PostWhat is the real story in here...Is it a stroy about a group of guys that broke the law by keeping small fish and another guy calling the cops or the topic is a group of Chinese breaking the law?

By the way Sashimi is Japanese not Chinese...White American eat more Sashimi than the Chinese...but that a different story...

Don't get me wrong, Im with you in that it doesnt matter what nationality they are, I just tend to see it more with foreigners

View PostHow many times did you see oriental guys laying small fish exposed on the beach so everyone can see they are breaking the law?

As I said from my experience in a previous post, I saw a guy with 18" fish showing me proudly the fish he caught.....What do you think I should do, call the cops? What would you do?

It depends, but I would probably just mind my own business. If the guy was showing me an 18" fish he proudly caught and it was obvious to me by the tone of his voice that he was unaware of the regulations, I would nicely point out that the legal limit is 28". But if I simply observed this same person throwing an 18" fish in the cooler, I would not bother to approach them ,and I may or may not drop a dime on them. A couple of years back I was taking a Saturday morning stroll through my local park. There is a pond there that gets stocked with trout. Well it was two weekends before opening day and I saw two teenage boys (they were white for those keeping track) fishing. I didn't say anything to them ,and I didn't call the DEP. I just minded my own business and went on my way.

View PostWhat is the real story in here...Is it a stroy about a group of guys that broke the law by keeping small fish and another guy calling the cops or the topic is a group of Chinese breaking the law?

Yep.