Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GregW

Best Knife

18 posts in this topic

What has everyone found to be the best knife for yakking.

I was looking to find one that will attach to my pfd.

Thanks

I like something like a gut hook or a "release type knife"small,nice and light.I think Buck and some others make them.Also have a friend that swears by a dive knife strapped to his leg!

This topic is discussed often. Below is a link to some of the threads:

I have the NRS copilot (about $30). I like it a lot, but if left in the sheath wet, it may develop some surface rust. MMiller showed us another in a previous thread (forget the name) that looked awesome.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...archid=3155258

BTW Greg, thanks for serving.

i went to a dive shop and picked up a titan BC dive knife by H2 Odyssey blade is titanium and have had it for 3 years no rust wink.gif around $60

I sell every brand of pocketknife you can name and my favorite is the Gerber seatbelt/ full searated knife. I wear it 24/7 on whatever is hiding my ass.

Another vote for the SpyderCo aqua salt pacific/atlantic models in yellow with the serrated blade/square tip-unless you need to clean fish at sea with it , in which case same knife with a plain blade and point tip. Quite simply THE best saltwater blade I have ever had- razor sharp, no rust. And I don't even wash it half the time because I forget...

I use a DeepSee Big Squeeze (tanto tip) on the pfd and a stilletto tipped regular squeeze lock on the bc or belt or leg. Both in Ti...very sharp, very light and will never rust. I believe they are made by Wenoka.

Ok. Thank you everyone for these suggestions.

Im looking into these...

I forgot to mention I am looking for a fixed blade and one with a sheath I can attach it to my pfd. How is everyone doing this? any pictures?

Shopping for one now. Have the River Shorty in my basket, but also the Gerber EZ Out Rescue Knife--3 1/2", serrated, blunt tip, folding. Anybody have experience with these? Any opinions on sheath v. folding? I prefer folding knives but see that quicker access to sheathed knife would important in a tight spot. Opinions pls.