tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

Otter

48 mins ago, Sandflee said:

What are you fishing for? Striped bass?  They can be whipped on a fly rod as well and really aren’t the strongest of fighters. Most don’t realize beyond the rod and reel the flyline itself puts a hell of a drag on a fish and tires it out.

Do what makes you happy :th:. It’s fun from time to time but for me, fishing the surf, looking for bigger fish, spinning gear is a no brainer. 

MikeMc, on 05 Jul 2016 - 1:56 PM, said:

I'll get a pic when I get homoe.

35 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

Do what makes you happy :th:. It’s fun from time to time but for me, fishing the surf, looking for bigger fish, spinning gear is a no brainer. 

**** plugging and spinning gear conventional and bait if you want to target pigs but that’s a no brainer :) 

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

5 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

Can’t deal with bait and wait or smelling like a leaky coy pond after a heat wave. :th:

That said, my 6 year old daughter slaughtered us today using ‘power bait’, sitting in a lounge chair while we both spun and fly fished. Maybe that was because we spent most of our time taking fish off and rebaiting her hook. 

C8C2F25C-F5EE-4DB3-9E55-BA7816BB1158.jpeg

That’s awesome 

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

not all about just bait, buck tailing bridges etc..  I have 2 friends that he took under his wing Billy is the real deal 

that whole series of the seminar is great along with the book Night Tides “Legend of Billy the Greek” unfortunately like Franks “20 years on the cape” book the fishery isn’t the same 

Edited by Sandflee

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

15 hours ago, bassmaster said:

I took a nap last night, to take off at,10 pm

I just woke up,

I hate old people 

Brb needy depends.....

I need a plug. Send me a needle.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

been hammering crappie the past week or so. lots of fun 

20220702_090652.jpg

20220702_085507.jpg

"Lucky" is a fictional character on the interwebs. Nothing "Lucky" says or does can be or should be construed as a real thought by an actual person. Objects in your rear view mirror may appear to be closer than they actually are.