Otter

tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

44,973 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Bro got his first red today, lot of fun. Literally tossed a shrimp 5 feet away under a mangrove. Going to rent a kayak one day, probably could catch reds and snook all day at this back water spot

PXL_20220627_203959905.jpg

Bro just spank that something something killer. :clap:

1 hour ago, Slack Tidings said:

Interesting thing - it’s illegal to wade in the CO rivers except for select spots. Abutting properties own the river bed….just not the water flowing over it. 

That’s crazy. 

1 hour ago, ChumSlickJon said:

We dragged a boat out there and camped at Rudi Reservoir.  Dragged salmon spoons on down riggers and caught some big brown trout.  Frying pan river was REALLY good fishing back then.  I'll never forget standing on this rock ledge looking down and seeing absolute beastly trout easy over 10 pounds.  

I'm sure everything is completely different and probably touristy now.  It was pretty remote and very little people traffic when I was there.  We drove ...maybe east\south east of Rudi up to the huge mountain with a crystal clear lake near the top.  Every lake seemed to be chock full o fish.  We glassed a herd of elk up there while catching trout.  On the way down the mountain there was a valley with a little beaver damn that created a small pond and we're looking down at it and it looked like it was raining.  No clouds in sight so we hiked down.  It was full of the most gorgeous brook trout you'd ever seen.  Had to be hundreds of them.  All tiny but so awesome.  

Dude, there is so much to see, so much to do.  I am super jealous right now reminiscing.  

that was literally 11 year old me's wet dream :clap: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

We dragged a boat out there and camped at Rudi Reservoir.  Dragged salmon spoons on down riggers and caught some big brown trout.  Frying pan river was REALLY good fishing back then.  I'll never forget standing on this rock ledge looking down and seeing absolute beastly trout easy over 10 pounds.  

I'm sure everything is completely different and probably touristy now.  It was pretty remote and very little people traffic when I was there.  We drove ...maybe east\south east of Rudi up to the huge mountain with a crystal clear lake near the top.  Every lake seemed to be chock full o fish.  We glassed a herd of elk up there while catching trout.  On the way down the mountain there was a valley with a little beaver damn that created a small pond and we're looking down at it and it looked like it was raining.  No clouds in sight so we hiked down.  It was full of the most gorgeous brook trout you'd ever seen.  Had to be hundreds of them.  All tiny but so awesome.  

Dude, there is so much to see, so much to do.  I am super jealous right now reminiscing.  

It’s very cool. My folks did the reverse snow bird thing about 10 years ago and moved from FL to the Western Slope of CO in the Grand Mesa’s.

There’s a spring fed pond by their place that’s loaded with brook trout(stocked long, long ago and they propagated….we fish it on float tubes) as well a stream that holds natives.  

Lots of wild life….their place is super remote - it’s eerie walking through the woods and knowing you’re not at the top of the food chain! We’re going to work our way through the brush up to a reservoir that’s probably untouched for years….the views from every direction are absolutely surreal.

Edited by Slack Tidings

9 hours ago, Slack Tidings said:

It’s very cool. My folks did the reverse snow bird thing about 10 years ago and moved from FL to the Western Slope of CO in the Grand Mesa’s.

There’s a spring fed pond by their place that’s loaded with brook trout(stocked long, long ago and they propagated….we fish it on float tubes) as well a stream that holds natives.  

Lots of wild life….their place is super remote - it’s eerie walking through the woods and knowing you’re not at the top of the food chain! We’re going to work our way through the brush up to a reservoir that’s probably untouched for years….the views from every direction are absolutely surreal.

Sounds like you’re having a great time. Enjoy it!

4 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Sounds like you’re having a great time. Enjoy it!

Have you been having much luck in the salt bro? My last three outings I haven't been able to get much working. And the fish have been small(ish). Freshwater has been awesome though now that the spawn is over.

23 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

Have you been having much luck in the salt bro? My last three outings I haven't been able to get much working. And the fish have been small(ish). Freshwater has been awesome though now that the spawn is over.

Maybe you shouldn't have given tour lucky rod away .

And thanks agam !

2 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

Maybe you shouldn't have given tour lucky rod away .

And thanks agam !

I'd rather it bring you good luck. I'm banking on karma my friend. :howdy:

It's just been kind of slow, but admittedly, I haven't been able to really put in my time like I normally would because of back pain. Freshwater I can sit my fat ass on the leaning post on the boat. :laugh:

3 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

I'd rather it bring you good luck. I'm banking on karma my friend. :howdy:

It's just been kind of slow, but admittedly, I haven't been able to really put in my time like I normally would because of back pain. Freshwater I can sit my fat ass on the leaning post on the boat. :laugh:

I know the feeling , I haven't had my boat out yet this year , I fished a few times but not on my boat .

10 hours ago, hobobob said:

Something about their water right. Can't even collect rain water on your own property.  Pure Insanity.

Holy crap 

Just now, Ditchbag said:

I know the feeling , I haven't had my boat out yet this year , I fished a few times but not on my boat .

You have higher priorities to be concerned with for now. The fish will be there when you're ready.