Otter

tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

44,916 posts in this topic

30 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Somewhere out there, there is a pelican flying around (maybe) with a heddon spook lodged in it's mouth

It’s dead dude. Somewhere at the bottom of the sea there’s a cormorant with a large Wally’s pencil and two treble hooks in its gut.

3 hours ago, Reed422 said:

It’s dead dude. Somewhere at the bottom of the sea there’s a cormorant with a large Wally’s pencil and two treble hooks in its gut.

Couldn't have happened to a better bird.

Caught a 4 and half foot bull shark later in the same spot. Thought I had a jew fish on, cupped the spool and yanked it away from the bridge, was stoked finally getting it close to the rocks and then a shark pops up instead. Was trying to get a pic for you guys but I couldn't get the damn thing onto the rocks, my rod started making creaking noises so tried grabbing the leader and it pulled the top shot out of my hands and braid sliced me good, just said f it and snapped it off. The crazy thing is the top shot was 80 and a 60 fluro leader, must have hooked it perfectly. 

7 mins ago, Slack Tidings said:

Trout on the Roaring Fork, CO. Look I’m not 80 y/o!

14328E70-716B-46E4-8F75-54976EBAE0A4.jpeg

D74D800D-5161-42B5-82FE-C5F7A20686EC.jpeg

I fished that when I was a kid. What an awesome trip. You gotta be loving it. 

Interesting thing - it’s illegal to wade in the CO rivers except for select spots. Abutting properties own the river bed….just not the water flowing over it. 

Just now, ChumSlickJon said:

I fished that when I was a kid. What an awesome trip. You gotta be loving it. 

It’s fun, man. The scenery is ,of course, incredible.  Fish were pretty willing today. All in all, good time. 

1 min ago, Slack Tidings said:

It’s fun, man. The scenery is ,of course, incredible.  Fish were pretty willing today. All in all, good time. 

We dragged a boat out there and camped at Rudi Reservoir.  Dragged salmon spoons on down riggers and caught some big brown trout.  Frying pan river was REALLY good fishing back then.  I'll never forget standing on this rock ledge looking down and seeing absolute beastly trout easy over 10 pounds.  

I'm sure everything is completely different and probably touristy now.  It was pretty remote and very little people traffic when I was there.  We drove ...maybe east\south east of Rudi up to the huge mountain with a crystal clear lake near the top.  Every lake seemed to be chock full o fish.  We glassed a herd of elk up there while catching trout.  On the way down the mountain there was a valley with a little beaver damn that created a small pond and we're looking down at it and it looked like it was raining.  No clouds in sight so we hiked down.  It was full of the most gorgeous brook trout you'd ever seen.  Had to be hundreds of them.  All tiny but so awesome.  

Dude, there is so much to see, so much to do.  I am super jealous right now reminiscing.