tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

Otter

3 mins ago, IsmailG said:

I probably need to downsize, the pinfish I was using last night were tiny compared to the ones I've been using. The snook in Boca Grande were eating giant baits when I was there, these seem to be more finicky 

I look at it like the difference between our resident fish and migratory fish.  

It seems like the snook that stick around all year feed on whats there.  Mainly small baits.  

The big 20-30 pounders that run during certain times of the year, yeah man.... you'll want to scale up.  

Delete from SOL_Users where username like 'wasy','Seal'....

Talk about down sizing, I bought this lure a while back after watching an episode of Florida sportsman or some **** were they were catching big tarpon and snook on them, and when I got them I thought this is the stupidest thing ever, especially since the hooks are **** and never used it. Well first 3 casts boom snook, nothing big, but the hooks are **** and got straightened out. I can't imagine landing a decent fish on this thing.

PXL_20220624_071511957.jpg

PXL_20220624_025145772.jpg

6 hours ago, IsmailG said:

Talk about down sizing, I bought this lure a while back after watching an episode of Florida sportsman or some **** were they were catching big tarpon and snook on them, and when I got them I thought this is the stupidest thing ever, especially since the hooks are **** and never used it. Well first 3 casts boom snook, nothing big, but the hooks are **** and got straightened out. I can't imagine landing a decent fish on this thing.

PXL_20220624_071511957.jpg

PXL_20220624_025145772.jpg

Yeah, my little mirrolure has like one point left on both trebles.  :laugh:  

But I caught A LOT of fish on that thing during my stay.  I replaced the hooks during our peanut run last year and out performed all the scabelly glider dweebs with it but again, broke all the hooks on it.  I had fish up to around 15 pound on that little piece of crap.  

5 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Yeah, my little mirrolure has like one point left on both trebles.  :laugh:  

But I caught A LOT of fish on that thing during my stay.  I replaced the hooks during our peanut run last year and out performed all the scabelly glider dweebs with it but again, broke all the hooks on it.  I had fish up to around 15 pound on that little piece of crap.  

I walked into the tackle shop to get another pack and everything on the wall was that size lol

39 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Guy across the canal from us invited bro and I on his boat Sunday, and it's funny because I was looking to try and do a split charter with someone this morning and couldn't find anything. 

You give handies on your late night sessions or something?