Otter

tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

41,641 posts in this topic

19 mins ago, Reed422 said:

I think I really am cursed this year. Fished Saturday and Sunday six hours each day and got skunked both days. Last year same spots fishing was pretty easy. Not one keeper bass yet for me. Time to stick to gardening and biking ugh.

Last two outings were the same for me. The only sure thing lately is freshwater or Sea Bass and Fluke. 

5 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

I'm not gonna tell you that you're wrong but you might want to check on that.  You've got water well into the 70's all around the cape right now.  

Ten degree difference between the tides yesterday. 

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

What did I see yesterday? Just south of the Newport bridge something mackerel breached. Probably came out of the water six feet or so… Was higher than my eye line. Maybe four feet long. 

All kinds of weirdgood stuff happening here, that I'm not in on, as well.  Reports of mahi already in the Mud Hole, which is like 3 weeks early.  Tunas chasing bait inshore, hammerheads everywhere (the sharks).  You could have seen a tuner

2 mins ago, Tom T said:

All kinds of weirdgood stuff happening here, that I'm not in on, as well.  Reports of mahi already in the Mud Hole, which is like 3 weeks early.  Tunas chasing bait inshore, hammerheads everywhere (the sharks).  You could have seen a tuner

Right?  Cobia on the jetty?  What the hell man.  

Just now, ChumSlickJon said:

Right?  Cobia on the jetty?  What the hell man.  

That too, but I didn't hear it here in NJ.  Suebert reported it in lawnguyland

I heard some belligerent "latino" guy back casted and hooked a young girl on the Queen mary last week. They had to come in and the guy got stupid with the crew.

A guy I met got a big Mahi blue fishing. He saw it and casted to it.

I caught a 4 foot or so eel. It was ugly.