Otter

tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

36,617 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bigfish4me said:

Yeah.... getting hellies is pretty much a 3 man job, 2 for the seine net and a rock kicker 

Ive only caught them solo with my hands.   That sounds much less painful, lol!

1 hour ago, Ditchbag said:

What is a freshwater tarpon and what's a mad Tom?

Fallfish.  Madtom is a mini catfish, get about 5" long.   Extremely tough.  Can catch several fish on one.  

2 hours ago, HopHead said:

I love all my cabala's gear.....waders, jackets, you name it.  The herter's waders I have were given to me in a pinch.....you come out as wet as if you'd fallen in the water from sweating.

You mean the old cabelas stuff. Before the bps takeover bullcrap. Different product, different company now.

2 mins ago, hobobob said:

You mean the old cabelas stuff. Before the bps takeover bullcrap. Different product, different company now.

Yes.....older stuff 

I just got brand new replacement waders from Simms, first time wearing them I took a wrong turn walking back from a spot the other night and ended up in some thick brush with thorns and ****, they looked like Swiss cheese when I got out.

Just now, IsmailG said:

I just got brand new replacement waders from Simms, first time wearing them I took a wrong turn walking back from a spot the other night and ended up in some thick brush with thorns and ****, they looked like Swiss cheese when I got out.

I did that with a pair of frogg togg rain pants a couple weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, MikeMc said:

I did that with a pair of frogg togg rain pants a couple weeks ago. 

Top of the line wader$$$$$$ vs disposable frog togg $. 

4 hours ago, JaseB said:

Ive only caught them solo with my hands.   That sounds much less painful, lol!

Fallfish.  Madtom is a mini catfish, get about 5" long.   Extremely tough.  Can catch several fish on one.  

We  call madtoms Stonecatties here they our top bait here if you got the time to get em .

6 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

We  call madtoms Stonecatties here they our top bait here if you got the time to get em .

Yeah stone cats.

My buddy took me and my son fishing on the Delaware a couple years ago for smallies and we were flippin rocks for hellgramites and catching every cast, he had a pack of gulp hellgramites so I tried those and they worked equally as good!

18 hours ago, JaseB said:

Introduced the boy to the world of wade fishing on a little river close by.  Water felt nice surprisingly.  Caught mini SMB, google-eyes, chubs and a million freshwater tarpon.   Also found 4 leftover stockers that came home with us.  Good day.  

How old is he?