Otter

tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

36,662 posts in this topic

Was fishing with the daughter yesterday. We caught a few really nice red bellies.

The real prize was a 3lb bass on her fishing rod, using a cricket and a #4 gold hook. 

We released everything but the the smallest red belly. We her for catfish bait.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/7/2020 at 8:10 PM, Wire For Fire said:

You guy in the jerse not seeing chompers yet ? Weirdest start here .. never seen them so spotty so long .. usually we see them like this for 2-3 days and then all hell breaks loose . So far been grinding for 2-3 a trip but they been huge like 15 plus  for like 2 weeks now 

Been spotty. Nothing numerous yet. I'm thinking this polar vortex over the weekend is gonna delay their arrival a bit too. 

Edited by GeoffT

Happy birthday to me!!! We went catfishing today. This was my biggest catch today and last on my last piece of bait. Pete did manage to catch a dozen of nice minnows in his trap. Adria 5 Pete 0 :)

0513202005_HDR.jpg

18 hours ago, Schnapps 812 said:

Happy birthday to me!!! We went catfishing today. This was my biggest catch today and last on my last piece of bait. Pete did manage to catch a dozen of nice minnows in his trap. Adria 5 Pete 0 :)

0513202005_HDR.jpg

Nice fish. :th: Happy Birthday!

On 5/11/2020 at 0:17 AM, GeoffT said:

Been spotty. Nothing numerous yet. I'm thinking this polar vortex over the weekend is gonna delay their arrival a bit too. 

20200513_085328.jpg