Otter

tavern fishing reports

Rate this topic

32,945 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mybeach said:

CB87062D-F6B5-4C0B-B414-CFE06CF43E33.jpeg.6a2190a980caf049bfee99cdf0385467.jpeg

27 lbs. they tried to hide it to make it look smaller lol. Lots of top water jigging action with these jumbos. Fun stuff.

who's happier the kid or the the skipjack who's shooting his load?

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

What's dad got on his wrist there?

Is that one of them seasick pressure point bracelet thingies?

Do they work?

Yes, it's a seasick band. I guess they work. People wear those dots behind their ears, they seem to work. Some people take dramamine or bonine, that does not seem to work.

We convince people that if they allow us to dump a 5 gallon bucket of sea water over their heads it will make them feel better instantly. I don't know if that works, but we have fun doing it.:th:

1 hour ago, Sandflee said:

who's happier the kid or the the skipjack who's shooting his load?

a better view of that fish is from the top. These skip jacks are fat and wide now. 2 year old fish most likely. Great eating, makes awesome poke, good to cook for tacos as well. 

We jig up a few, and when people get tired of it, I'll bridle one up and let it swim for a while. I've had 2 marlins over the years grab and take off. We scored one, the other one we had on for 20 minutes or so until it was just above leader and it jumped straight up at the boat and spit. Good fun and a good way to spend some time on the drift with the people. 

1 hour ago, Sandflee said:

$50 what the going rate for tuna there .25¢ a pound?

I can sell skips for up to $2 a pound. I have one customer that will take every one we have, sold him 18 of them a few weeks ago.