Awesome John

Attention all Reel Ho's paste those Sweet reel pics here on this thread!

Rate this topic

138 posts in this topic

Okey I'll admit it I'm a reel Ho. It started inocently enough... I bought one.. then another... but then I had to finish the series and bought the third... Then I found myself polishing them real slow with soft music on in the background...

Then I wanted more....

That blonde one... with the big handles...

That cute little fast one with the magnets..

Then I found myself putting my harem of reels on the mantle so I could snatch a peek as walked about during the day...

The when some one wanted to borrow one of my reels for actual fishing and had the nerve to actually touch it and palm it I found myself making up excuses to snatch it back from certain fish slime exposure...

I had evolved into a reel HO!.

I am not ashamed of my lust of quality kick arse gear and my admiration for quality engineering and (gulp...tremble) sex appeal..

But I know I am not the only Reel HO out there and that there are many more that share my lust for knockout reels...

Well here is you chance to show off your beauties without fear of some one trying to handle it with their sweaty palmstongue.gif

Unfornately I have no pics to post due to my lack of a camera but am looking forward to seeing what our SOL reel connoisseurs will post on this thread for all the other reel HO's to drool over!

Come baby let those sexy reel pictures come!

Lets see the old and new, the high tech and classic... lets enjoy and share our common facination with these glorious fishing machines.

I got the hot popcorn ready and everyone is waiting for the reel show!

Start pasting those pics gentlemen!

Well I don't even own a camera(too buisy buying fishing tackle)but I do have a soft spot in my head for fine reels,especially conventionals.

Hard to name a favorite,though.The one I find myself using the most in the last 1.5years is an ABU Eon 6600 that was magged by a gentleman in Fla.This is without a doubt the smoothest operating reel I've ever owned.

There has been a"knock" against them because some of the 1st ones had difficulty with the free floating leveline hanging up at one side or the other.Mine eventually did the samething but luckily before I traded/sold it I read where a guy had put a spring on each side of the LW and was having no problems. I tried it and "presto" all was/is well. It's not a reel that will takea dunking in sandy water and it does want cleaning every time it comes back from a trip.But it is so light,smooth and casts like a dream that I just can't seem to leave it home.I like mine so much I just ordered another and will get at least 2 more as long as they're the"old 2001 models".

I understand that the new ones have a different leveline system that is not free-floating.This reel holds 287 yards of 14lb Gamakatsu 14lb mono.

The toughest fish to date wasa bluefish from the surf last fall,17lbs even,whupped him without a wimper,also more than 23 stripers in one afternoon most in the 5-7.5 lb range but one over 15 and 1 over 25 lbs,not from the surf;from the sod on Ches Bay.

This reel isn't "classic" in looks or that elusive thing known as"feel";its mostly grey with some "blue smoke" and very light but as I said it is strong and OH SO Smmooooth! Neil

I'll try to post a few tonight.. i think i may have one or seven that are kinda cute and a tad unusual.. maybe the 5500 CS Pro rocket with the ct frame, gold spool, gold star wheel, vintage red handle and custom mag conversion would be of interest to some??? heart.gif

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!

chum_abu_7200_a1.jpg

chum_abu_7200_c1.jpg

...hey Tagger, how about our mutual friend the Abu 7200 all souped up with abec-7's and extreme smoothies. Can't wait to get large on mine...

[This message has been edited by chumbucket (edited 04-09-2003).]

You guys are too much.

They are eye candy to me only because I hate something that does not look used. And I'm licking my chops thinking about dunking a few. Hehehehe.

Do you guys actually fish????

I'm from the use em, abuse em and lose em mindset. When they give me trouble, they get tossed back in the box and I buy another.

All of mine look like that.....that is until I put some line on them.

You guys need to get out soon!

------------------

JayR

fish045%5B1%5D.gif

That Van Staal 200 has a bunch of scratches and dings on it(I fell on it a few times on the jetties wink.gif ). That Accurate has scratches all over it because I use it for bridge fishing. That abu 7200 is the only virgin and it's gonna get a beating up at the Ditch smile.gif .

Jay R, Get some quality reels, then you won't have to keep buying junk.

[This message has been edited by chumbucket (edited 04-09-2003).]

It was time to do some of the Abu's (drags bearings,etc. The 7200 has extreme smoothies, abec bearings and a bearing on main shaft (?) I guess that would make it a C3. Still got a couple of more Abus and Newells to dig out and tune up.(they are buried in the garage)icon15.gifreels1.jpg

Here's an ABU 6500 CS Sports-Mag, loaded with 14lb. Ironsilk.

I havn't thrown it yet, but will next week.

magcs1.JPG

magcs2.JPG

Bernzy

[This message has been edited by Bernzy (edited 04-09-2003).]

My Favorite reel is this nickle silver and hard rubber, fly reel. 4 1/2" in diameter. (salmon sized). The reel was made around 1890 by the Enterprise Manufacturing Company, Later to become PFLUEGER. This reel is extremely rare and is probably worth upwards of 1000 bucks. As some of you know, Kenny aka 10X10 was a huge collector of fishing tackle, and I became friends with him through this persuit. I will always remember his remark when I first showed him this reel " Nice reel where's you get it Sears?" Every time I see this reel I think of Kenny, makes me smile.

enterprise.JPG