NPR sting update:

Rate this topic

dogboy

View Post

make it all entertainment and slanted.

then any story can be dismissed.

All news has been entertainment, from the early days of news to present. We just got confirmation from the tape of who NPR wants to entertain. Now their Federal dollars are in jeopardy so they are throwing some virgins into the volcano.

Garv
The real measure of illiteracy in America should be the percentage of those who cannot read the writing on the wall

View PostNPR is running scared,

they know the right wing is gunning for them,

so I guess they'd rather fire someone too quickly, then be painted as protecting a hostile postion to the right.

more of the same,

right wing attack on News Media.

make it all entertainment and slanted.

then any story can be dismissed.

They have never given a **** what the right thinks, and both shillers have proven that through their words and deeds.

Could it maybe be the fact that shiller (male) stated that NPR would be better off without Federal Money. Could it be that Betsey Liliey told the Muslim Brotherhood guys that she was in contact with the female shiller and they were devising a plan to launder their contributions and shield them from Legal scrutiny.

I think that would be why.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

View PostAll news has been entertainment.

This is simply not true,

it is true that the right wants it to be the case.

it's the dichotomy of many on the right who want "market forces" to guide our country,

it only works if people are incredibly well informed and principled.

odd that they want news to be infotainment.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

View PostThat's right. It's not true. But NPR made their brand off of quirky, left-leaning human interest entertainment that people with foreign accents read so it sounded serious enough to be news.

I consider NPR to be one of our country's strongest news sources. Sure, it's got its it quirks and bents, but the information dump is one of the best in all media.

the networks used to have News divisions,

now the news is just part of the entertainment division,

foreign news desks have been shut down,

serious newspapers have lost readership.

the attack on credible news from the right has been going on for my entire lifetime.

the goal seems to be to insist that real news is slanted,

while selling their own slanted news,

the net effect to be to totally erode any crediblity in "news".

and have it ALL viewed as opinion and not fact.

am I wrong?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

yes.

Two things are happening. The news used to be filled with personalities who infused their own personal opinions into the story. We now have washed out newscasters who are almost nonexistent (as far a personality) when delivering news.

The other things is that consumers are driving up demand for stories on Charlie Sheen and Michael Jackson and driving down demand for newsworthy stories.

The net effect is we now have entertainment news magazines that give a glimpse of some world disaster or financial crisis when it outshines a Hollywood star's most recent escapades.

-

View Postthe networks used to have News divisions,

now the news is just part of the entertainment division,

foreign news desks have been shut down,

serious newspapers have lost readership.

the attack on credible news from the right has been going on for my entire lifetime.

the goal seems to be to insist that real news is slanted,

while selling their own slanted news,

the net effect to be to totally erode any crediblity in "news".

and have it ALL viewed as opinion and not fact.

am I wrong?

Actually you might want to re phrase that as "the attack on left wing, totally slanted, in the hip pocket news".

That news was slanted as well. Read Bernie Goldbergs book.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand