NPR sting update:

Rate this topic

dogboy

it sure sounded bad when that schiller guy who was forced to quit as NPR's head fundraiser said that the GOP had been taken over by reactionary, racist tea party folks

the part that o'keefe- the conservative who caught ACORN and planned parenthood with their pants down- edited out tells a different story

a summary of the first part of the sentence, which he didn't bother to include in his video release:

a high ranking GOP ambassador and a US senator (i think, but a bigwig at any rate) confided in him that they both voted for obama because the GOP had been taken over my reactionary, racist, tea party members

so the words were not his- he was paraphrasing statements told to him by high ranking republicans

too bad o'keefe has to mislead people like that

too bad there are so many people so quick to believe the worst

There was no edit, thats not true.

Every foot of tape (bit of data now) shot in the whole event, and every second of telephone call was posted on his website for anyone to see from the very beginning. Nothing was hidden.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

They won't put that Genie back in the bottle. If you refer to the cover up you'll get charged with being a Lib.

I'm so damn tired of Blind Partisan Politics, left or right.

View PostTalk about some scummy lies. However, the rubes eat it up.

Mike P (Husky)
Hammer Mechanic, 1st class

View Post

too bad there are so many people so quick to believe the worst

Can you prove this is true? If not, some might think so many people are so quick to believe the best.

If in fact O'Keefe was misrepresenting the truth, then Schiller should see a lawyer. If O'Keefe wasn't, then you have some 'splaining to do.

View PostCan you prove this is true? If not, some might think so many people are so quick to believe the best.

If in fact O'Keefe was misrepresenting the truth, then Schiller should see a lawyer. If O'Keefe wasn't, then you have some 'splaining to do.

The fact that Schiller fell on his sword is evidence enough that there was no "extra" footage exonerating Schiller from what he said.

Otherwise the NPR lawyers would be frothing out of their writs.

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

View PostThere was no edit, thats not true.

Every foot of tape (bit of data now) shot in the whole event, and every second of telephone call was posted on his website for anyone to see from the very beginning. Nothing was hidden.

The produced piece was undeniably edited in a very misleading fashion. Okeefe is scum that should be ignored.

View PostThey won't put that Genie back in the bottle. If you refer to the cover up you'll get charged with being a Lib.

I'm so damn tired of Blind Partisan Politics, left or right.

me too, you can put the facts right in front of them and somehow they can't or won't notice.

Like the WMD's that did exist yet they still have most people believing they didn't. A simple web search will show the truth.

The Left will not sleep until their lying smear that the Tea Party is 'racist' takes hold. A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth. They're the scummy liars. cwm13.gif

I'll bet you'd be hard pressed to find a Tea Party member who wouldn't vote for Col. Allen West in a New York heartbeat. cwm13.gif

"I think, that all right thinking people, are sick & tired of being told that they're sick & tired of being sick & tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick & tired of being told that I am."

View PostDo you have a link to the raw footage or a certified transcript?

Raw footage was on okeefes site. It's like two hours long. Becks website had analysis and there was a good piece on time. It's clearly misleading bordering on outright slander. as a man of integrity I can not support people like okeefe. Schoolers not out if the woods but it's not half as bad when given honest examination.

View PostRaw footage was on okeefes site. It's like two hours long. Becks website had analysis and there was a good piece on time. It's clearly misleading bordering on outright slander. as a man of integrity I can not support people like okeefe. Schoolers not out if the woods but it's not half as bad when given honest examination.

doesn't matter. in "gotcha" politics it's the intial spin that is remebered. this one could be as fake as the last sting that got that black lady fired only to find out it was creative editing and it won't matter.

View PostThe produced piece was undeniably edited in a very misleading fashion. Okeefe is scum that should be ignored.

By some sure, but most americans are very appreciative to see these people exposed, if it were up to some, these people would be free to operate unabated in our midst. America is a tiny bit better off with Vivian Schiller and this guy and Betsy Liley out of the picture, and James O'keefe is doing a good thing.

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

View PostBy some sure, but most americans are very appreciative to see these people exposed, if it were up to some, these people would be free to operate unabated in our midst. America is a tiny bit better off with Vivian Schiller and this guy and Betsy Liley out of the picture, and James O'keefe is doing a good thing.

By all means cheer on scum doing scummy acts of slander. Personally, I'm into integrity, and I don't support smear and lies as a means to an end.

I didn't see the full tape, but did read some of the analysis. To me, it looks like both accusations are true. Schiller is a partisan hack and so is O'keefe.

In any case, I generally like NPR. While I don't think it should be publicly funded, I do hope it continues to survive. Just get rid of that awful "The Takeaway" and leave me "The Morning Addition." Morning Addition seems to me to be a lot more politically neutral.