Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
granpa60

Surf Day

Rate this topic

161 posts in this topic

View Posti agree with some here..its alot of money..$10. and what did you get for it? come on.. give me a break....275 buys alot of gas for my boat...thats just my 02.cents....What do i know?

If I had a boat like you and I knew that JSS stood for Jersey Shore Surfcasters and not Jersey Shore Boaters and the show is called Surf Day not Boat Day- I would have waited for a Boat Show.

View PostI drove 2 1/2 hours to my first Surf Day. I have been to RISAA, The long Island shows lots of smaller shows and I have to say that as a surfcaster, this show is fabulous. Its a Whose Who of the surfcasting world. How can a surfcaster not love this show. It has everything. So great to see Vendors I consider friends. I agree with a prior comment that surfcasting is not just throwing Ava Jigs. I thought Lapinski's speech although not specific to NJ showed what it takes to be at the top of the sport and enthusiasm goes along way to being successful.

Not just a plug show- you had everything from Korkers on up. Clips, lanyards, bags, teasers, rods. The top people in the sport.

To top it off I got a bunch of Billy Riker's RuRu plugs for $15 each- are you kidding me?

Great job- maybe they will let you set up some tables in the cafeteria to expand the show.

Thanks JSS for your hard work.

Brookdale will not let us have tables in the cafeteria. The cafeteria is a public space others can use. Which is OK with us, because it gives guys a chance to sit down eat something and relax for a while.

View PostI avoided Surf Day this year... went one year in the past thought it was done all wrong. Tiny room not much merchandise and way way way to many people to even enjoy yourself.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!!

I always feel taken care of by the staff at "Surf Day" they help bring my stuff in and take it out to my truck at the end of the show. It is great to see all the guys and meet some new ones. I drive 4 hours each way to this show and I won't miss it for the world. It is the first show out of the blocks for me and it has been a long winter. Thank you "Surf Day"!! Gary

View PostI avoided Surf Day this year... went one year in the past thought it was done all wrong. Tiny room not much merchandise and way way way to many people to even enjoy yourself.

I'm sorry to hear it wasn't a good experience for you last time. May I ask when your last time was? Thanks.

i have been going to surf day for a while the staff does a great job they help you in and out.alot of great vendor and great seminars.plus the crazy guy behind the mic. keeps us all amused.any way it was a great show and i will be going in the years to come .GREAT job JJS and you to Russ

View Posti have been going to surf day for a while the staff does a great job they help you in and out.alot of great vendor and great seminars.plus the crazy guy behind the mic. keeps us all amused.any way it was a great show and i will be going in the years to come .GREAT job JJS and you to Russ

who the hell let me have a microphone????

View Postwho the hell let me have a microphone????

Russ, it adds to the ambience of the daycwm31.gif . No seriously there must be some kind of 12 step program for people who love microphonesbiggrin.gif .

You do a great job and keep it light the way it should be. Don't change a thing buddy.

Armand

Ive staffed the RFA table for the last two years and got to participate in a seminar last year. I have nothing but great things to say about the day and JSS staff.

Top notch vendors. Top notch raffle/door prizes. The chance to learn from some of the best surf casters around. Some of the nicest (JSS) guys you"ll ever meet. The fact its crowded speaks volumes as to how good it is.

No complaints here and please keep up the good work. highfive.gif

I understand video's were taken of the seminars.......is there one available or that will be available for "loading of red fins" session........I was in another seminar and missed this.......as stated before "Great Show" JSS.....thanks..