Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
first2wins

GW caught in the Bay.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I was emailed a story about a GW caught in the Bay. Sounds suspicious to me, what's the word?

If this was pulled from the bay, it would be more likely to be found in a gill net by a boat that big. What is the rec season at the moment? 47' boat with heavy tackle, a good rope and a stern able to handle the pull of this beast?

_________________________________________-

So much for swimming in the Chesapeake Bay near Sandy Point State Park .

Annapolis MD

While the vessel 'Dawn Raider' out of Marklys Marina in Essex, Md. was fishing for Striped Bass (also locally known as Rock Fish), this Great White was hooked in the mouth but only resisted slightly for 15 minutes before it came up alongside the boat to have a look; long enough for one of the crew members to slip a rope a round it's tail !!! 'And that's when things heated up!!

.. The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS, the boat was taking on water over the stern and the crew watched in horror as the shark would actually jump completely out of the water at times. This went on for an hour before the shark finally drowned. She weighed in at 1035 LBS. It is suspected she followed a weak El Nino current into local waters in search of food. Although mid 60 degree water is considered ideal for these sharks, the larger ones can tolerate water in the low 50s.

?ui=2&ik=f0dc4c3cef&view=att&th=12e1f782

?ui=2&ik=f0dc4c3cef&view=att&th=12e1f782

I did catch a whopper of a shark in Barnegat Bay last summer, just inside the inlet. We played it for two hours before bringing it alongside for a short moment. Huge fish. We think it was a bull, but who the heck knows. The cops were with us for about thirty minutes and left just before we got it up. Destroyed my Daiwa reel but the Ugly Stik held up to being double over the entire time.

We were chunking and I had a steel leader on a 2X 7/0 with bunker. Pretty exciting fight (for me).

Woulda rather caught a big striper....

We had already went through this in the Tavern. Not to mention it had already been dealt with here. Shark was caught in Canada (you forgot the pics) also, it ended up being a Mako.

great_white_2_161.jpg

Please notice the area code on the hoist.

That's a whole lot of bad attitude there! I caught one two hundred pounds while trolling for tuna and I could not imagine this one!!!!!!! You better have a long bat or long barreled pistol LOL!!!!!